This demo will show how operators can control and monetise their network bandwidth capabilities by securitising bandwidth as an exchange tradable commodity. The integration of trading, service delivery and network platforms to create a dynamic Bandwidth Exchange. Downloads
- Typically bandwidth forward contracts are traded in Over-The-Counter transactions. We will create a commercially viable bandwidth exchange marketplace. This marketplace would involve trading options and futures on bandwidth like other commodities on a typical commodity exchange (such as the Chicago Mercantile Exchange) and a spot market (such as the FX market) where the transaction involves a physical settlement – in this case the securing of bandwidth on demand in real-time to transfer data. This model will define new revenue streams for carriers and allow end-users to cost-effectively and more efficiently manage their Enterprises needs for bandwidth.
TM Forum Standards in Use or Development
- Business Process Framework (eTOM)
- Applications Framework (TAM)
- Information Framework (SID)
- Integration Framework, MTOSI
- Trading Platform – illustrating a spot and futures market for bandwidth.
- Dynamic Service Delivery – providing Carriers with the fastest means to offer a range of dynamic, on-demand Network Services via a standardized Catalog and open services API.
- Bandwidth on Demand – Setting temporary bandwidth changes through the Optical Packet Switched Transport dynamic optical network
Other Catalyst Demos