Join in the Catalysts for Management World Americas 2012 What is the TM Forum Catalyst Program?
TM Forum’s Catalyst program takes an innovative approach to creating leading-edge solutions through short-term projects. It provides a neutral collaborative environment and process for working together to solve common, critical industry challenges that culminate in live demonstrations at TM Forum’s Management World events and contributions to improving TM Forum best practices and standards.
Championed by end users (service providers, MSOs, defense agencies or enterprise IT departments), and executed in collaboration with solutions providers, Catalyst projects deliver prototype solutions, ensuring meaningful standards that add value to your business. What do you get for participating?
Catalyst participants gain intimate knowledge of the industry and TM Forum standards, work with customers and partners in a collaborative fashion, and gain significant marketing benefit. Here is just a snapshot of some of the companies that have participated in past Catalyst projects:
TM Forum's Management World Americas 2012 (December 4-6, Orlando, Florida) is the premier communications event for the industry, where Catalyst solutions will be on display for more than 1,500 decisions makers and industry leaders from around the globe.
We are inviting additional service provider sponsorships and participant supplier/integrators to join in any of the Selected Catalysts
at Action Week
, Baltimore, Maryland, July 16-20, 2012 where Catalyst teams will finalize team members, agree roles and responsibilities and work through their Catalyst demo scenarios. Please contact Nora Doherty
, Catalyst Program Manager to facilitate the introductions to the Catalyst team leads and TM Forum staff mentors if you have something to offer these Catalysts.
Frequently Asked Questions Why should my company participate in a Catalyst project?
Participating in a Catalyst project is one of the best ways to benefit from your TM Forum membership. Benefits include: Virtual R&D:
Rapid and Cost Effective Results:
- Learn how your solution works with others in the industry in a hands-on environment
- Collaborate on best practices
Develop working relationships:
Catalyst projects take place over a set amount of time, so results are typically guaranteed in less than 6 months
- End users (service providers, MSO, defense agencies, enterprise IT departments) get the results they want without the constraints of an RFP process and huge investments in their labs
- End users gain invaluable knowledge as to where they should make key investments
End users (service providers, MSO, defense agencies, enterprise IT departments) gain exposure to a variety of vendors and can directly influence product development
- Vendors get real requirements first hand from end users
- Formal business relationships and partnerships frequently develop due to trust built up over the project lifecycle
What are the requirements and cost to participate?
Substantial exposure at Management World via dedicated presentation times, show guide, signage
- Marketing opportunities pre- and post-event (web, News Central, press interviews, press releases, etc.)
- All Catalysts must have at minimum, four industry vendors and a single industry champion who is a service provider, MSO, defense agency, enterprise IT department or other end-user.
- The cost for Management World Americas is $5000.
- End user participation is free.
- All participants must be a TM Forum member in good standing.