Cloud Essentials Distilled Cost: Members $820 | Non-members $900
This new 1-day course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business and technical perspectives of cloud computing. It will also explain how to adopt, operate, and govern the cloud. The workshop is the fastest and most effective method to ensure that (IT) professionals are aware of all the benefits offered by virtualization and cloud computing. It also presents a guide to the past, present, and future of these technologies.
Come to TM Forum training to learn:
- What Cloud Computing means to your business
- How to approach, manage and measure benefits of Cloud Computing across the organization
- Understand the factors the contribute to successful Cloud Computing projects
- Get your IT teams trained in concepts and application of cloud computing with vendor neutral training
- Start to build in-house competence and reduce dependence on external consultants
- Understand how cloud computing can impact your business – your operational environment and your products
- Increase your cloud computing project successes!
Although the CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam offered by the TM Forum is not part of this workshop, the materials provided in this workshop include an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the CompTIA Cloud Essentials™ Exam.
Who should attend?
This introductory course is suitable for:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test)
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
What will you learn?
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing.
- Understand the business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing.
- Understand cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing and understand the implications for organizations.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
The scenario-driven learning approach of this course puts participants in the right mindset to apply the principles learned in a realistic setting. The role-play activities included in this course present a real-world experience using situations that occur in the day-to-day life of participants.
Activities such as brainstorms, quizzes, and discussions add to the interactive nature of this course.
Introduction to Cloud Computing
Adopting the Cloud
Operating in the Cloud
Governing the Cloud
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
As with all official TM Forum courses, certificates of achievement will be issued. Click here for a list of Instructors.