This catalyst project demonstrates how to construct and apply end-to-end customer-resource views for converged networks, in order to improve service capability and customer satisfaction. Downloads
- China Mobile has transformed over the years from a simple wireless operator to a full service provider operating large-scale, complex networks that must support multiple technologies in a multi-vendor environment. There are many challenges for supporting these evolving requirements. One key challenge is in the area of inventory/resource management. Traditionally, resource management systems have been segmented by network domains, in separate management systems, lacking an overall end-to-end view. Due to the resource isolation and the incomplete data relating customers, services and resources, rapid converged services are not readily supportable; cross-domain network resource allocation cannot be realized; customer QoS cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, improvement of customer service capability and customer experience are difficult.
- To solve these problems, China has commenced an efficient, flexible, scalable, easy-to- integrate OSS project which includes an Integrated Network Resource Management System.The system is oriented towards full service operation and lifecycle management for the converged network. With this system, E2E resource views are built to improve service capability and customer experience throughout the service lifecycle, from pre-sales through to post-sales.
- This catalyst project demonstrates how to construct and apply end-to-end customer-resource views for converged networks, in order to improve service capability and customer satisfaction, which is essential for transformation from a single mobile network to a converged network. Different layers of service topology views and resource views can be generated for all resources across multiple domains, and utilized in business operational processes, such as customer self-service, product/offer design, resource survey and customer impact analysis. All of this help improving the service efficiency and customer satisfaction. On-site demonstrations of the application scenarios will be available in the catalyst.
TM Forum Standards in Use or Development
- Information Framework (SID)
- Business Process Framework (eTOM)
- Application Framework (TAM)
- Network resource topology, correlation display and hierarchical drill-up/down, which correlates resources across logical network layer and physical bearer layer, internal and external plant.
- Customer network E2E routing display.
- Customer Self-service portal supporting self-maintenance and self-presentation of a customers service/network.
Other Catalyst Demos