Located in central Florida, Orlando offers amusement parks and attractions, shopping, and fine dining. Orlando is one of the world’s most visited tourist regions, and among its principal tourist attractions are Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. Point Orlando located on International Drive and a short taxi ride away offers stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues for you to enjoy.
There are plenty of great ways to spend an evening here, from shopping, dining, or golf. Below is helpful information to make planning your trip easier. Reserve your space at the Rosen Shingle Creek today as rooms are going fast!
Getting to Orlando
Orlando is served by Orlando International Airport (MCO). The airport is located to the southeast of downtown Orlando. The airport is served by two terminals (A & B). You can take a taxi to Rosen Shingle Creek or you can pre-arrange a shuttle with Mears.
Book with our Airline Host and save! For online booking, enter your Offer Code: ZNKT431277. For booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122, please give them the following information: Z Code ZNKT and Agreement Code 431277.
The airport has all the major car-rental companies represented and maintain desks at or near the airport. There is parking available at the hotel for your rental car. For a list of rental car companies, click here.
Driving directions from Orlando International Airport
- Take the north exit from the airport
- Take SR 528 West (Beachline Expressway)
- Take exit #2 Orangewood Blvd/Universal Blvd.
- At the end of the exit ramp make a right at the light onto Universal Blvd.
- Rosen Shingle Creek is immediately on the right.
The I-RIDE Trolleys travel exclusively throughout the International Drive Resort Area. It travels the majority of International Drive and services the south International Drive Resort area as well with 78 convenient stops. The Green Line begins and ends on International Drive but primarily travels along Universal Boulevard with 15 convenient stops. A single far is $1.25 and the trolleys run 7 seven days a week, from 8:00 am - 10:30 pm. For more information, click here.
There is a taxi line in front of Rosen Shingle Creek. A taxi from the hotel will not be inexpensive, but they will provide a receipt for your journey.
Health and Safety
The city is an ideal location for an event of this size- all facilities are easily accessible, and the city provides a safe and therefore conducive environment for business. Even though Orlando is a very safe city, you should take the following steps whenever you travel:
- Make a copy of your passport, and pack it in a place separate from where you are carrying the original.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with family or friends at home.
- Be especially cautious at crowded subways, train stations, bus stations, tourist sites, market places, festivals, and crime-ridden neighborhoods.
- Don't use short cuts, narrow alleys, or poorly lit streets.
- Try not to travel alone at night- if you have no choice, let a colleague know where you are going.
- Avoid public demonstrations and other personal matters with strangers.
- Try not to wear conspicuous clothing and expensive jewelry, and do not carry excessive amounts of money or unnecessary credit cards
- Familiarize yourself with emergency exits and procedures at the venue, and your hotel
For anyone traveling to United States from another country to attend Management World Americas 2012 you are advised to check with your country's appropriate government agencies for VISA and travel information.