TM Forum’s Frameworx Spotlight on Enabling New Services:
Achieving Profitability through Cost-Effective Operations
The Peabody Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
Cost: Free to attend To register, e-mail email@example.com
Successful business transformation involves complex decisions at every turn. To succeed, businesses need the right strategy, a clear view of change needed, and technology solutions that deliver results. Whether introducing a new product portfolio, rationalizing existing systems or transforming business operations, TM Forum’s Frameworx suite of standards is proven to deliver success every step of the way.
Already adopted by 90% of the world’s largest service providers, TM Forum’s Frameworx suite of standards provide the blueprint for effective business operations, enabling businesses to assess and improve performance by using a proven, service-oriented approach to implementation. Featuring case studies and interactive presentations, TM Forum’s Frameworx Spotlight at Management World Americas 2011 is designed to highlight where and how Frameworx can enable service providers to navigate the increasingly complex communications value chain and simplify operations to focus on what matters most—growing their businesses and offering profitable new services.
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. Lunch and Speed Net-Learning Gallery Bar
Get involved in TM Forum’s industry-influencing collaboration activities through our Speed Net-Learning Gallery Bar! Simply choose the top 4 Collaboration groups you wish to meet with and then spend 10 Minutes speaking with a TM Forum representative who will answer your questions and provide more information on how to get involved. When the bell rings, you just switch to the next table on your list for another 10 minutes and so on until you have completed all 4 meetings. Subsequent meetings will be scheduled with TM Forum representatives on an individual basis. Choose from:
- Frameworx Architecture Steering Team
- Business Process Framework
- Information Framework
- Integration Framework
- Application Framework
- Cloud Business Models & Services
- Government & Defense
- Revenue Management
1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
TM Forum’s Frameworx: A Critical Enabler for Success
Driven by the need to improve margin, accelerate service innovation, and obtain high levels of customer satisfaction, service providers are finding it essential to implement new business models and services. This is requiring transformation of their IT architectures to support end-to-end service management and to incorporate high levels of process automation. The TM Forum Frameworx portfolio of best practices and standards, already adopted by 90% of the world’s largest service providers, are fundamental enablers of these business changes.
This session will provide an overview of Frameworx and the business benefits that can be achieved through its adoption. In addition, the session will highlight the new features of Frameworx 11.5 and the work in progress for the next release — all driven by TM Forum members through our innovative Collaboration Program.
Joann O'Brien, Director, Frameworx Collaboration, TM Forum
2:00 - 2:30 p.m. Gaining a Competitive Advantage with Frameworx — Maximizing Margins on New Services
Service Providers are under immense pressure as the communications, media and web industries continue to collide and invade each other’s territories. The commoditization of traditional communication products and services as well as increasing price elasticity places significant importance and focus on profit margins and operational streamlining.
In the increasingly digital economy, offering, selling, delivering and invoicing new products and services is highly IT intensive. The operational costs of supporting sophisticated IT infrastructures are considerable and can have a major impact your bottom line. Adopting TM Forum’s Frameworx and best practices helps address these challenges by improving operational efficiency, lowering costs and therefore enabling you to maximize margins. The session demonstrates the benefits of adopting Frameworx and examines issues including:
- Enabling rapid new service delivery by developing a standards-driven IT and operational infrastructure to support implementation of ‘out of the box’ solutions
- Leveraging existing applications and investments to ease integration of new services and control cost
- Developing scalable IT and operational infrastructures that enable business agility and market responsiveness
- Developing risk mitigation procedures across all Operational and Enterprise architectures
- Improving the economy of scale as your organization adapts to the changing marketplace
, Director of Frameworx Business Development, TM Forum
2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Networking and Refreshments Break
3:00 - 3:15 p.m. Capitalizing on your Investment in Frameworx to Enable New Services
- Evaluating how product management can set the stage for success with alignment with Frameworx
- Implementing strategies to help IT organizations with consistencies approach across product lines
- Demonstrating how Quick Start Pack approach can speed up bringing services and products to market
, Senior Product Manager, Cox Communications and Lead of the Cable eTOM/Business Process project and co-chair of eTOM
3:15 - 3:30 p.m. Utilizing Standards-Based Solutions to Accelerate Business Transformation and Deliver New Services
- Outlining the business drivers for standards-based rationalization and automation of operations - citing case studies of converged service providers from around the globe
- Achieving a single view of networks and automating processes to enable significant cost savings, rapid introduction of new services, increased productivity and improved customer satisfaction
- Ensuring a smooth migration from legacy systems to an automated and efficient environment that enables service innovation and improved levels of customer service
, Vice President – Strategy, NetCracker
3:30 - 4:15 p.m. Using Business Performance Metrics to Improve Decision Making and Better Define New Services
- Examining how multiple suppliers and service providers are working with the TM Forum to automate business performance benchmarking when delivering new services
- Identifying how to automate the process of collecting the data required to calculate the standard business performance metrics as defined by the TM Forum
- Understanding how to submit data to TM Forum so that service providers can receive back personalized reports outlining their performance relative to the industry
- Examining how services providers that adopt TM Forum Business Benchmarking have improved the roll out of new services
- Discussing how business benchmarking is used to asses business health, and facilitates service providers to make better business decisions when defining new services
, Fraud and Assurance Manager, Optimus Portugal Tony Velcich
, Director, Product Management, Oracle Corporation Gadi Solotorevsky
, CTO, cVidya Networks, Inc. John Brooks
, Vice President, Analytics Solutions, Subex Tony Kalcina
, Executive Director, Clarity