Management World 2012
NGN Billing Overview
NGN Billing Overview
Billing has moved from a back office function to a strategic role within every CSP. Billing and its key components – charging and rating – play a critical role in the management of customers by enabling product bundling, allowing a single view of the customer and driving the fast introduction of new, billable products and services. Using the Business Process Framework (eTOM) as a reference tool, this course provides a complete understanding of the environment that will support and enable converged, next generation services as well as an historic perspective on how we got there. It will provide a roadmap, as well as insights, examples and tools to allow students to understand the issues underpinning a next generation billing and charging strategy. It also describes methods of measuring the success of that strategy, and the effectiveness of each of the major processes that support it.
|Level || Introductory |
|Who should attend? ||Pre-requisites |
|Service provider and vendor staff who are working on next generation network and service definitions and who need an overview of the environment and strategies for addressing issues. || |
|Technology covered |
|This course introduces some of the key issues around next generation billing and provides a framework for their understanding and management. |
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Identify key hardware and software components in the realization of NG Services
- Understand the NGN billing relationship to the Business Process Framework (eTOM)
- Discuss example services and potential solution strategies
- Identify key standards bodies for NGN and NG services
As with all official TM Forum courses, certificates of achievement will be issued.
- Introduction to the billing, charging and rating in context of the TM Forum Business Process Framework (eTOM)
- Brief overview of NGN networks and services and their charging elements
- Analysis of content/application and related services charging strategies
- Sponsored content
- Advertising supported products & services
- Own and third party content management
- The new value chains including Partnership Relationship Management essentials
Click here for a list of Instructors.