TM Forum's Collaboration Program is a "Virtual Research and Development Consortium"
made up of TM Forum members for a growing array of industries, including communications
- telco, wireless, cable and Internet; cloud; defense; content; and information
Attend one of our training Roadshows in a city near you.
You can start your career certification in just a week.
Download this simple document to show your manager how your company will benefit when you attend TM Forum Training.
Quick Insights: How to combat cyber threats October 2013
Quick Insights: Migrating to IPv6 - Service providers need strategies November 2013
Quick Insights: Software-Defined Networks October 2013
Dedicated to all aspects of digital services development, delivery and monetization. View Channel.
Dedicated to news and information on best practices, standards and IT. View Channel.
Dedicated to news on key strategic business issues and information. View Channel.
Business Assurance Program
TM Forum Training
The latest information from TM Forum.
Video content on TM Forum's Frameworx suite of standards, our programs, testimonials and case studies.
TM Forum’s exclusive Catalyst projects showcase collaborative and innovative solutions to real-world challenges
MORRISTOWN, NJ—April 30, 2012 —As service providers look to adapt their business operations to take advantage of today’s rapidly changing digital services ecosystem, TM Forum announced that its Catalyst program at Management World 2012 brings to life 11 exclusive solutions that focus on a range of hot industry issues, such as digital services, cable services, IT transformation and business assurance. Located on the expo floor at Management World 2012, TM Forum’s Forumville area features these Catalysts projects and the work of over 75 leading companies that collaborated to solve some of today’s most critical communications problems.
China Mobile Communications, France Telecom-Orange, Swisscom AG, Time Warner Cable and Vodafone D2 are just a few of the service provider champions leading Catalyst projects at Management World 2012, held May 21-24, at the Convention Centre Dublin, Ireland.
“TM Forum’s Catalyst program takes an innovative approach to creating leading-edge solutions by providing a neutral and collaborative environment to rapidly create standards-based solutions for some of the most urgent operational and IT challenges in the industry,” said Martin Creaner, president and CEO, TM Forum. “These short-term projects culminate in live demonstrations at TM Forum’s Management World events and substantially contribute to improving TM Forum’s best practices and standards.”
At Management World 2012, TM Forum’s Forumville area features four Catalyst project zones targeting key industry issues:
Cloud and New Services Zone Focused on bringing together the value chain, these Catalyst projects demonstrate key concepts for managing cloud services and networks in a complex, multi-party environment while reducing operating costs and risk and improving customer satisfaction:
· Bandwidth Exchange -- Champion: BT Group plc.; Participants: Amartus, First Derivatives Ireland Ltd., Intune Networks, Nokia Siemens Networks
· Frameworx for Multi-Partner Lifecycle Management -- Champion: Saudi Telecom Co.; Participants: Ericsson, IBM Corp., SAP AG
· Resilient Cloud: Maintaining Service in the Face of Developing Threats -- Participants: CA Technologies, Inc., ESRI, Layer 7 Technologies, Thales Communications SA
Implementing Frameworx Zone
Highlighting TM Forum’s Frameworx, including the Business Process Framework (eTOM), Information Framework (SID), Application Framework (TAM), Integration Framework, and Interfaces, these Catalyst projects show how to enable service-oriented transformation across converged networks offering a wide range of services:
· Alarm Management for Converged Networks -- Champions: China Mobile Communications Corp., Deutsche Telekom AG, France Telecom-Orange, SaskTel, Vodafone D2; Participants: Comarch S.A., Hewlett-Packard, Huawei Technologies Ltd., IBM Corp., SaskTel, TEOCO Corp., The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
· Converging the Resource View to Improve Customer Experience -- Champion: China Mobile Communications Corp.; Participants: Alcatel-Lucent, Beijing University of Posts and Communications, Beijing BOCO Inter-Telecom Technology Co., Ltd., Inspur Communication Information Systems Co., Ltd., Huawei Technologies Ltd., ZTE Corp.
· Optimizing Lead to Cash with Frameworx – ITIL Integration -- Champions: China Unicom, France Telecom-Orange; Participants: Huawei Technologies Ltd., Infonova, Microsoft, Progress Software, Tribold
Revenue Management Zone
Showcasing today’s technologies that enable swift executive decision-making for improved business performance and customer experience, these Catalyst projects include:
· Advancing Customer Experience Management Analytics -- Participants: Genband, IBM Corp., Network Critical, Ventraq
· Business Assurance Automation -- Champions: O2 Slovakia, Portugal Telecom/Optimus, Swisscom AG; Participants: cVidya Networks, Inc., WeDo Technologies
· Real-time Charging for High Volume Mobile Data – Champion: France Telecom-Orange; Participants: Capgemini Service, DigitalRoute, Matrixx Software, Vedicis
· Revenue Assurance Impact Measurement Phase II -- Champions: China Mobile Communications Corp., China Telecommunications Corp., China Unicom, MTS Allstream Inc., Swisscom AG; Participants: cVidya Networks, Inc., Ericsson, WeDo Technologies
These Catalyst projects prove how cable operators can utilize TM Forum’s Frameworx to solve business and technical challenges, including the rapid deployment of new cable services such as TV Everywhere, the management of cable video service quality, and service level agreements with partners:
· Frameworx for New Cable Services: Rapidly Design and Fulfill New Services -- Champions: Time Warner Cable, UPC Broadband Operations b.v.; Participants: Incognito Software, Inc., Oracle Corp.
· Frameworx for New Cable Services: Video Quality and Partner Service Level Agreements -- Champions: Time Warner Cable, UPC Broadband Operations b.v.; Participants: IBB Consulting Group, Sandvine, TMNG Global/Cartesian
Now in its 13th year, TM Forum’s Management World 2012 blends thought-leadership, real-world case studies and interactive debates to help service providers rethink the business of communications. Register at www.tmforum.org/rethink by May 1 to save 15% and a chance to win 1 of 3 golf packages at The Royal Dublin Golf Club. New Gold Pass registrants from now through May 1 will be entered to win automatically.
· To register for Management World 2012, visit here.
· Media and analysts are invited to take an exclusive tour of Catalyst projects at Management World 2012 and meet the champions and participants on Tuesday, May 22 from 6-7pm. RSVP to email@example.com
· To learn more about TM Forum’s Catalyst Program, visit here.
· If you are interested in participating in a Catalyst, visit here.
· To learn more about Management World 2012, visit here.
· Press and analysts interested in receiving a complimentary press pass to attend Management World 2012 should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Stay informed about additions to the Management World 2012 agenda and other TM Forum news by subscribing to TM Forum’s press release RSS feed and newsletters.
TM Forum, Management World Americas 2012, Catalyst, cloud, MSO, enterprise, multi-cloud development, cable, data analytics, resource alarm management, cloud service management, customer experience management, Frameworx
About TM Forum:
TM Forum is a global, non-profit industry association focused on simplifying the complexity of running a service provider’s business. As an established industry thought-leader, the Forum serves as a unifying force, enabling more than 850 companies across 195 countries to solve critical business issues through access to a wealth of knowledge, intellectual capital and standards.
The Forum provides a unique, fair and safe environment for the entire value-chain to collaborate on pressing industry issues, helping companies of all sizes gain a competitive edge and the flexibility and speed they need to underpin future growth.
For more information about TM Forum, visit www.tmforum.org.
Global TM Forum Media Contact
PR Director email@example.com
+1 973 641 3247
United States TM Forum Media Contact
+1 617 960 9857