Management World 2011
Enhanced Cloud Service Management
| Monetize and Assure Cloud Services with a Unified Service Delivery Solution |
Builds on our previous catalyst and shows how Service Providers can differentiate themselves with “Cloud Services” that leverages some of their most important assets and TM Forum Frameworx. |
|Business Proposition |
- Allow SP’s to define a portfolio strategy of innovative offerings that open new revenue streams and markets providing top line growth.
- Increase customer confidence and loyalty through offering meaningful end-to-end SLA’s and pro-active monitoring, reporting and billing notification.
- Differentiation and reduced cost through “Enhanced” Cloud services by leveraging intelligent infrastructure and orchestration across fulfillment, assurance and billing.
- Accelerate Time to Market by leveraging commercial off-the-shelf vendor solutions that conform to industry standards and offer pre-integrated, tested solutions.
|TM Forum Standards in Use |
This catalyst will continue to leverage eTom. While previous catalyst focus on fulfillment this one will look at operational processes associated with assurance, usage collection, billing, rating and charging. Read More
|Team Member Contributions |
|Demonstration Scenarios |
The scenarios we demonstrate will illustrate how a SP can provide unique businesses value and ultimately develop a different relationship with their end enterprise customer through “Enhanced” Cloud services.
|Click here to return to full catalyst list. |
|Customer Champion Quote |
"All Service provider’s need to better understand how key services, including those delivered by cloud, can be utilised to deliver more value to customers, and to explore how these often complex services can be assured and monetized, The Enhance Cloud Services Catalyst examines that very topic. "Steve Orobec, Lead OSS Standards Manager and Enterprise Architect at BT
|TM Forum Standards in Use |
|This catalyst will closely follow TM Forum Frameworx |
- This catalyst will continue to leverage eTom. While previous catalyst focus on fulfillment this one will look at operational processes associated with assurance, usage collection, billing, rating and charging.
- The S.I.D. will also continue to be used and leveraged as the information model and integration framework.
- MTOSI interface will be used to automate the activation of appropriate network resources.
- PSA continues to be part of the overall architecture.
- We will examine how PIE – Policy Information Exchange can be leveraged as part of this effort.
- As part of this effort we will look to influence changes to extend definitions in the eTOM and the S.I.D. to include those elements unique to the Cloud
|Use Case |
|The scenarios we demonstrate will illustrate how a SP can provide unique businesses value and ultimately develop a different relationship with their end enterprise customer through “Enhanced” Cloud services. |
The specific use case will be the SP delivering a “Gold” or “Platinum” collaboration service utilizing Tele-presence as part of a cloud service.
We will monitor the performance of the service across the DC, IP NGN and customer premise. Service will be degraded and we will isolate network or compute resource that is impacting service and we will use policy to provide “corrected action” to minimize service impact.
We will also collect usage information and provide customer with on-line bill or adjustment as needed.