Connected citizens – a Smart City Enabling Digital Platform
The Connected Citizens Catalyst is a proof of concept of a Smart City Business Digital Platform. It delivers the digital capability for smart services in today’s dynamic cities. Services that deliver cleaner, safer, more adaptive and efficient environments for inhabitants, enterprises and visitors alike. The Connected Citizens platform enables developers and providers to create and deploy innovative services for cities and citizens. It is based TM Forum Open APIs and a scalable cloud of enabling solutions.
- As a first step, we will produce a set of new smart city defined use cases (mobility, security, efficiency…), to allow the release of an MVP model for universities or local PoCs. These will address TM Forum’s City as a platform manifesto.
The Connected Citizens platform contains a lot of new capabilities on a cloud-designed digital business platform:
- New smart (dynamic) network capabilities with a class of services using AI/SDN/NFV
- Gateway for IoT connectivity, collection, management including Fiware standards
- Enhanced security for IoT and digital services in Smart Cities (secure the components, their links, their data, transactions within a GDPR framework)
- Build Personal/Object authentication, document/component certification, reward system, contract mgmt, data privacy with a blockchain-like implementation
- Enable quick digital services build & integration with self-service, self-sufficient APIs from TM Forum
- Aggregate, store, analyze data with AI from machine learning/deep learning in data lakes
Previous phases of this Catalyst
In 2017, this Catalyst focused on the creation of a new service provider business platform for delivering innovative and secured smart services to improve the quality of life and safety of all citizens.
Click here for supporting article
Read more about this project.
The team looked at ways to commercialize the platform it has developed to co-create replicable, business models for smart cities the world over. Read about the Think Tank which took place at Action Week in Lisbon in February 2017 to facilitate this phase of the Catalyst project. Learn more In 2016, the Catalyst project created an IoT platform that can deliver automated services as prescribed by the user and activated by geofences, without the need for manual intervention. Click here for supporting article.
Champions: Orange, NTT
Participants: ESRI, BearingPoint, Amdocs, Symantec
Demo of the project at TM Forum Live! 2017 in Nice
Smart Life Think Tank at TM Forum’s Action Week 2017
Smart Life Catalyst at TM Forum’s Innovation InFocus 2016
Smart Life Catalyst at TM Forum’s Action Week, July 2016
Smart Life Catalyst at TM Forum’s Live! 2016
Smart Life Catalyst at TM Forum’s Action Week, February 2016