How it works
The Digital Maturity Model (DMM) online tool offers a practical approach to transformation, it has been crafted over the course of many months by industry thought-leaders. CSPs, technology companies, and global advisory firms that have pooled their knowledge and experience to create a model that can be used to identify possible investment priorities and manage the journey itself, step-by-step.
By asking people across the entire organization to assess the company’s maturity in each of these areas, you can identify where transformation or improvement is needed and where investment is required. The model has the flexibility to account for differences in your visions, strategies and business imperatives allowing you to baseline your existing digital maturity capabilities and create a ‘go to’ target level of digital maturity.
The model is split into five dimensions:
- Customer – Providing an experience where customers view the organization as their digital partner using their preferred channels of interaction to control their connected future on and offline.
- Strategy – Focuses on how the business transforms or operates to increase its competitive advantage through digital initiatives; it is embedded within the overall business strategy.
- Technology – Underpins the success of digital strategy by helping to create, process, store, secure and exchange data to meet the needs of customers at low cost and low overheads.
- Operations – Executing and evolving processes and tasks by utilizing digital technologies to drive strategic management and enhance business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Culture, People, and Organization – Defining and developing an organizational culture with governance and talent processes to support progress along the digital maturity curve and the flexibility to achieve its growth and innovation objectives.
Each of these five dimensions contains sub-dimensions representing different aspects of digital maturity. Each sub-dimension contains a number of criteria statements, 179 in total, that can be rated to provide a view of your current level of digital maturity and a target level.
See the online tool in action
Want to know more?
To see videos, data sheets, screenshots and more, simply complete the below short form and we will send you a link to access this information
Use the model your way:
Once you have registered your interest and spoken with a TM Forum representative your survey structure will be set up in our database and then you are free to self-administer your digital maturity assessment. Customer Guide is provided to help.
Download the model from the TM Forum website and/or the iOS app and receive guidance and you will receive guidance and support through a training day and 1 or 2 consulting days as required. You can then proceed with your digital maturity assessment.
Digital transformation projects are challenging; the partnership model allows you to work directly with a number of certified TM Forum partners and use their expertise to help you proceed on your digital maturity journey.