How it works
The Digital Maturity Model (DMM) online tool offers a practical approach to transformation. It has been crafted over the course of many months by industry thought-leaders. CSPs, technology companies, and global advisory firms that have pooled their knowledge and experience to create a model that can be used to identify possible investment priorities and manage the journey itself, step-by-step.
By asking people across the entire organization to assess the company’s maturity in each of these areas, you can identify where transformation or improvement is needed and where investment is required. The model has the flexibility to account for differences in your visions, strategies and business imperatives allowing you to baseline your existing digital maturity capabilities and create a ‘go to’ target level of digital maturity.
The model is split into five dimensions:
- Customer – Providing an experience where customers view the organization as their digital partner using their preferred channels of interaction to control their connected future on and offline.
- Strategy – Focuses on how the business transforms or operates to increase its competitive advantage through digital initiatives; it is embedded within the overall business strategy.
- Technology – Underpins the success of digital strategy by helping to create, process, store, secure and exchange data to meet the needs of customers at low cost and low overheads.
- Operations – Executing and evolving processes and tasks by utilizing digital technologies to drive strategic management and enhance business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Culture, People, and Organization – Defining and developing an organizational culture with governance and talent processes to support progress along the digital maturity curve and the flexibility to achieve its growth and innovation objectives.
Each of these five dimensions contains sub-dimensions representing different aspects of digital maturity. Each sub-dimension contains a number of criteria statements, 179 in total, that can be rated to provide a view of your current level of digital maturity and a target level.
Let TM Forum guide you on your digital transformation journey
Working together with you we can help you navigate your own specific digital transformation journey by providing you with close-in support and expert guidance. Working through a workshop format, with hands-on access to try out the online DMM tool we can prepare your team for undertaking a thorough digital maturity assessment for your organization. Where required we can deliver a full DMM Practitioner’s Training course if you are going it alone or you can continue to work together with us for the full survey and results phase.
We can also help you with the transformational capability and makeup of your transformation team and whether they are currently setup to make a game-changing impact. Working with a certified TM Forum partner, The GC Index, we will help you to establish whether you are maximizing your chances of transformational success by ensuring you have the most effective team.
The consulting days and training can be customized to your specific needs ensuring that you start your digital transformation journey focused on what really matters to you. Find out more on DMM Guided>>
We want to show you how powerful the Digital Maturity Model can be for your organization – complete this short form and we will contact you, show you a custom demo and discuss the best option to suit your business.