The Business Process Framework (eTOM) is a critical component of Frameworx, the TM Forum’s blueprint for enabling successful business transformation.
It is a comprehensive, industry-agreed, multi-layered view of the key business processes required to run an efficient, effective and agile digital enterprise.
All of Frameworx, including the Business Process Framework, is created and evolved by industry leaders and practitioners in TM Forum’s member driven collaboration community.
What is the Business Process Framework?
It is a hierarchical catalog of the key business processes required to run a service-focused business. At the conceptual level, the framework has three major areas, reflecting major focuses within typical enterprises:
- Strategy, Infrastructure and Product
- Enterprise Management
6 things you can do with the Business Process Framework
- Create a common language for use across departments, systems, external partners and suppliers, reducing cost and risk of system implementation, integration and procurement.
- Adopt a standard structure, terminology and classification scheme for business processes to simplify internal operations and maximize opportunities to partner within and across industries.
- Apply disciplined and consistent business process development enterprise-wide, allowing for cross-organizational reuse.
- Understand, design, develop and manage IT applications in terms of business process requirements so applications will better meet business needs.
- Create consistent and high-quality end-to-end process flows, eliminating gaps and duplications in process flows.
- Identify opportunities for cost and performance improvement through re-use of existing processes and systems.
|Watch the Intro video||Watch this video for a very high level overview of the Business Process Framework and how it fits among the overall suite of standards provided by TM Forum called Frameworx.|
|Download Frameworx||Browse and Download the latest files associated with the Business Process Framework|
|Changes in Release 14.5||Read an Overview on the impacts of changes in the Business Process Framework release 14.5|
|Poster||Download the Business Process Framework (eTOM) Poster|
|Case Study||Case study: Reliance Communications – Agility enables self-service, satisfaction and savings|
|Case Study||Case study: Virgin Media – How to gain agility, configurability and faster launch times|
|Case Study||Case study: ZTE Corporation – Mapping a scalable smart-city solution|
|Training & Certification|
|Business Process Framework (eTOM) Fundamentals||Expand your Frameworx foundation: learn a common business-led approach to rationalize the processes that run your business. Get clear direction on how TM Forum’s Business Process Framework can be used to support a range of business activities to deliver maximum efficiency.|
|Business Process Framework (eTOM) Practitioners’ Course||Implement and use the Business Process Framework (eTOM) to deploy business improvement projects more effectively|
|Business Process Framework (eTOM)-ITIL Workshop||If you have learned about both the Business Process Framework (eTOM) and ITIL now you need to see how to bridge the concepts in each. This course empowers participants to simultaneously apply the principles of the knowledge they have from both the ITIL and Frameworx universes.|
|Career Certification||Give yourself a competitive edge by taking courses and exams to gain Knowledge and Career Certification.|
|Coaching||TM Forum Coaching compliments our training and certification program to help you make the link between the skills you learned in class and the proper application of the standards, best practices and tools in the specific context of your project.|
|Conformance Certification||Engage TM Forum to independently verify and certify how well your business processes and information models align with the industry standards found in Frameworx.|
|Certifications Awarded||See who has achieved Frameworx Conformance Certification for the Business Process Framework.|
|Frameworx Community||Join the Frameworx Community discussion|