In-depth knowledge and practical skills for using, extending, designing and implementing TM Forum Open APIs.
TM Forum Open API Practitioners’ Course gives you the opportunity to practice using and extending the widely-adopted family of TM Forum Open APIs as well as techniques used when implementing the APIs. It is designed as a follow-on course after completion of the introductory TM Forum Open API Fundamentals course, when you wish to develop your practical knowledge of how the Open APIs can be used. This course enables you to effectively implement the Open APIs within your organization.
This is a two-day course is offered in person to ensure a balance of classroom style education and interactive, hands-on exercises to maximize your learning. It will take you through detailed lab-based exercises to ensure a significant depth of knowledge and practical skills are attained over the course of the program.
TM Forum TM Forum Open API Fundamentals
|Contact our team||Talk to us about getting this course for your team.|
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- API Designers, Enterprise Architects, API Developers, SOA Architects
- Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts
What will you learn?
- Review the many uses of the TM Forum Open APIs, and complete exercises to gauge your level of understanding
- Learn how to use the TM Forum Open APIs for scoping projects and implementing end to end scenarios
- Understand how to model the TM Forum Open API operations and notification payloads in JSON
- Learn when and how to extend existing TM Forum Open APIs to implement specific requirements
- Understand when and how to create new TMF Open APIs with a focus on the specification process and Swagger
- Understand how to implement TM Forum Open APIs by looking at examples of existing implementation strategies
- Understand TM Forum Open API design and testing tools
- Module 1 Testing your TM Forum Open API Knowledge
- API REST design patterns, Open API map, Swagger, etc.
- Module 2 Using the TM Forum Open APIs
- API map, scoping projects with APIs, E2E usage scenarios, API relationships, E2E exercise
- Module 3 TM Forum Open APIs Modeling
- API payload, notifications, operations, JSON schema, Swagger, select the APIs and provide the API payload for an E2E scenario
- Module 4 Extending TM Forum Open APIs
- API extension patterns, role of Information Framework (SID), examples & exercises
- Module 5 Designing new TM Forum Open APIs
- Design guidelines, specification template, API crowdsourcing template, Swagger, exercise to build your TM Forum Open API specification and Swagger
- Module 6 Implementing TM Forum Open APIs
- Implementation strategies, TM Forum Open API sandbox, Swagger based implementations, example of a sandbox implementation, code walk-through of Node.js and Java implementations
- Module 7 Using TM Forum Open API design and testing tools
- API data model tooling, relationships with Information Framework (SID), conformance test kits, examples
The overall course objective of this course is to enable you to become an expert at using TM Forum Open APIs in projects.
Service Providers and Ecosystem Partners:
- Understand how to use TM Forum Open APIs across your ecosystems to achieve agility, interoperability, and the consistent deployment of new products and services.
- Respond to and meet the needs of service providers
- Understand how to align your products and services so that they conform to the standardized Open API requirements of service providers and ecosystem partners
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. There is a knowledge certification exam also associated with the course material. Passing this exam counts towards the TM Forum Open API career certification track. Find out more here.