Transform your organizational structures, mindsets and culture
TM Forum’s Digital Organizational Transformation (DOT) program focuses on evolving organizational structures, mindsets and culture to meet the demands of next-generation technology and business thinking.
DOT Project Overview
There is widespread acknowledgment among communications service providers (CSPs) that culture is the biggest barrier to transformation, according to recent TM Forum research, but this does not mean it’s an easy problem to address.
The mission of this project is to drive the communications industry to establish a common methodology and framework for talent and cultural transformation through the use of industry agreed best practices. A common methodology will ensure success by having the right people with the right talents and mix of skills in the correct departments.
The project objectives can be broken down as follows:
- Creation of the Digital Organizational Transformation Culture and Skills Guidebook has been developed for organizations looking to facilitate the acceleration of digital transformation, raising awareness of the ‘why’, ‘what’, and the ‘how’ to go about it. We explore key concepts contributing to a sustainable digital transformation and dive into detail on two critical pillars: culture and people.
- Measurement of where an organization is on its cultural maturity journey is key to understanding how to implement a human centred strategy. A key task is to create the cultural maturity levels and model.
Working collaboratively with TM Forum members, and the Digital Organization and Culture Transformation Catalyst team, this collaboration project will include a wide variety of members with the best skills and proven toolsets.
Key transformation focus areas
- Who should join?Skills and experiences are needed from those who are leading or are impacted by digital transformation and who are interested in culture change and development for future skills through upskilling/reskilling as well as identifying the future skills that are needed.
- What commitment is required in terms of time and effort?Provide commitment to join Wednesdays at 12 noon GMT for one hour and to contribute to assets.
- What will I get out of this?
- Individual and Company recognition on TM Forum website and in Community
- Individual and company recognition in published documents/assets that you have contributed to
- If required part-take in interviews for both internal TM Forum and industry publications on team deliverables
- Quotes in press releases where relevant
- Special recognition at Accelerate events
- Opportunity to become member Chair/Team lead
- How can I join?Join the project here
Get involved in upcoming events and projects
Digital Organizational Transformation
Collaborate with TM Forum members to develop and adopt a methodology and framework for talent and cultural transformation that uses proven models and toolsets.
Diversity and Inclusion council
Help drive impact and change to make the telecoms industry the most diverse in the world. Find out more about how your organization can become a founding member.
Digital Organization and Culture Transformation
Achieve major bottom-line business value by solving the ‘harder part of digital transformation’: affecting people, organization and culture change.
Learn more about Digital Organizational Transformation
Digital Organizational Transformation Approach
Understand why organization, culture and skills are fundamental to realizing the full benefits from investment in digital technologies and business models.
Digital Organizational Transformation Ecosystem Guide
Understand how the organization and culture can be evolved to realize the business benefits of digitalization; the framework, approach and roles required to deliver digitalization.
10 Telco Transformation Journeys
Examine the very broad scope of telco digital transformation and the multiple strategic issues that need to be addressed in concert for a transformation to be successful.
Inspiring innovative teams through Diversity & Inclusion
Hear an objective view of the skills shortage in telecoms and how diversity can help to attract talent and fuel innovation.