- Over 3,700 attendees from 114 countries gathered in Copenhagen for TM Forum’s flagship DTW23 – Ignite conference
- The show featured more than 300+ speakers and 119 exhibitors from across the global telco and cloud sectors
- The event will return to Copenhagen in June 2024 to reconvene the ecosystem and drive further momentum
DTW23 – Ignite, Copenhagen, Denmark – September 21st, 2023 – TM Forum, the leading global alliance of telco and tech companies, concluded its DTW23 – Ignite conference today and revealed record-breaking attendance. The event attracted 3,700+ attendees from global Communications Service Providers (CSPs), hyperscale cloud companies, start-ups, scale-ups and established software vendors, with attendance growing 20% from last year’s show.
DTW23 – Ignite focused on the urgent need for CSPs to get fit for growth – to simplify, modernize and automate. Key trends included using AI and automation to unlock the potential of autonomous networks, the power of new open digital architectures and the cultural change required to reinvigorate the global telecoms industry.
DTW23 – Ignite by numbers:
- More than 3,700 industry professionals from 114 countries and territories
- Over 300 speakers, including C-suite representation from the world’s biggest CSPs and vendor partners
- 119 exhibitors spanning global CSPs, vendors, hyperscalers and consultants
- Over 50 Catalyst projects built by more than 170 companies and 1,000 experts showcased rapid-fire proof-of-concept projects with practical solutions to industry’s most pressing problems ranging from GenAI to carbon neutrality
- 30 major global CSPs and vendors committed to TM Forum standards on Autonomous Networks to accelerate industry adoption
- More than 1 billion people served by CSPs ‘Running on ODA’ and eight vendors recognized for offering product lines that are ‘Ready for ODA’
- Six TM Forum Excellence Awards recognizing outstanding projects offering solutions to major industry issues, following 200 entries involving over 70 companies
“By any metric, DTW23 – Ignite has proven a resounding success. The feedback from our delegates, speakers and sponsors has been incredibly positive, In just three days our ecosystem has shone the spotlight on the thorny challenges we collectively face and taken significant steps to solve them, driving innovation and reigniting growth,” said Nik Willetts, CEO, TM Forum.
“From the conference halls to the networking spaces – the focus, buzz and excitement was palpable. We’ve seen first-hand how emerging technologies like AI, autonomous networks and open digital architectures are changing our businesses for the better. TM Forum and its members are leading the way and I’m already looking forward to our next event in June 2024. Thank you to the speakers, sponsors and exhibitors that made DTW23 – Ignite, and the collective momentum we’ve established, possible.”
Diamond partners were Amdocs and AWS and platinum partners were Beyond Now, Ericsson, Huawei, Netcracker and Oracle. The full list of show partners and sponsors is here.
One for the calendar
DTW23 – Ignite came with a fresh theme and new look in 2023. The changes continue in 2024, when the show returns to its original place in the calendar: 18-20 June. To catch up on TM Forum’s news from this year’s event, read more here.
About TM Forum
TM Forum is a global alliance of telco and tech companies, leading the industry in defining the building blocks for new operating models, impactful new partnerships, and advanced software platforms.
TM Forum helps its members unlock the value of data to create nearly endless opportunities for players across the communications ecosystem. At DTW23 – Ignite, Accelerate and Collaboration events, TM Forum provides a platform for industry change-makers to share groundbreaking innovation, market developments, product launches and business transformation journeys.
We are the only industry body to count the world’s top 10 CSPs and all the key hyperscalers as active, strategic members. With over 800 members, we are on a mission to reinvent the telco industry as a vibrant part of the digital landscape – and a driving force in shaping its future. To find out more, visit: tmforum.org.
For media inquiries please contact:
TM Forum Media Relations