Shortlist Recognizes World’s Leading Service and Solution Providers for Accelerating Digital Transformation Internally and Across Diverse Ecosystems
MORRISTOWN, NJ—April 11, 2016—TM Forum, the global industry association for digital business, today announced the finalists for the TM Forum Digital World Awards 2016. Formerly the TM Forum Excellence Awards, the Digital World Awards recognize the world’s leading companies for their innovative achievements spanning digital transformation, business and IT agility, customer centricity, cross-industry partnering and collaboration, and product and services innovation.
The Digital World Awards are determined by an independent and impartial judging panel comprised of leading industry and subject matter experts, analysts and investors. Each entry is reviewed by the panel in detail, initially identifying the finalists in each category, and then through analysis and debate, voting on the finalists and winners in each category.
TM Forum will announce the winners of the 2016 Digital World Awards during a special ceremony at TM Forum Live! on Monday, May 9 in Nice, France. Winners will also receive recognition during the opening keynote session at TM Forum Live! on Tuesday, May 10.
“Congratulations to the finalists of the TM Forum 2016 Digital World Awards,” said Nik Willetts, deputy CEO, TM Forum. “These are the companies at the forefront of accelerating digital transformation across multiple, diverse industries and delivering groundbreaking solutions through collaborative efforts. The leadership of these members continue to cement TM Forum’s critical role in navigating the ever-changing landscape of the digital economy.”
The 2016 Digital World Awards Finalists Are:
Digital Service Innovator of the Year Award
This award is made to the company or organization that has made the most significant and innovative contribution to advancing the ‘Smart’ revolution in society.
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd – Huawei CPS: Drawing a new pattern of Smart Payment
- Orange – Check&Go
- Telefónica – o2 Drive
Smart Service Provider – Business Transformation of the Year Award
This award recognizes the communications, digital infrastructure or media service provider that has made the most significant strides in transforming to a low cost, agile and customer centric operating model.
- Royal KPN N. V. – Transforming into a next generation Telco
- Saudi Telecom Company / LM Ericsson – The Key to Success at Saudi Telecom: Data and Process Quality Leveraging TM Forum eTOM and SID
- Telefónica / Telefónica VIVO Brasil – Better processes save VIVO $700,000 in just three months
- TELUS / NetCracker Technology – TELUS Fibre Systems & Operating Model Transformation
Smart City Innovator of the Year Award
This award recognizes the most innovative service breakthrough focused on positive impact to the lives of citizens, the cost of delivering services within a city and the applicability of the innovation to other cities around the world.
- Bristol Is Open – Bristol Is Open Smart City Initiative
- Smart Dublin – Ericsson Charging & Billing in One
- Telecom Italia Group – Expo Milano 2015: The first comprehensive cloud digital Smart City in Italy
- ZTE Corporation – Benefit People, Industry Prosperity, Good Governance: Smart Shenyang and ZTE Unified Platform
Outstanding Contribution to Enabling Improved Customer Centricity Award
This award recognizes the company that has made an outstanding and innovative contribution to significantly improving customer centricity for its customers through innovative customer- or data-centric technologies or services that have dramatically improved customer service, experience or satisfaction.
- AT&T Inc. – Telaura Catalog-Driven Order Management for Customer Centricity
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd – Huawei FusionInsight: Universe Analytics Big Data Platform, An Optimal Big Data Analytics Solution for Telco
- MYCOM OSI – Vodafone India: Scalable performance system drives service- and customer-focused Super NOC (SNOC)
- Orange – OpenStat: A Big Data solution for customer reporting services
- Salesforce.com – Salesforce Customer-Centric Platform of Engagement
- Telekom Malaysia Berhad – TM Workforce Management System
- UXP Systems – UXP Systems Enables Business Agility by Powering the Digital User Lifecycle
- Vlocity – Vlocity, Salesforce and MATRIXX Software Innovate Telco Industry with Go Digital™
Outstanding Contribution to Enabling Improved Business Agility Award
This award recognizes the company that has made an outstanding and innovative contribution to significantly improving the business agility of its customers (measured in terms of improved time-to-market, ability to rapidly respond to market demand or opportunity, etc.).
- Beijing BOCO Inter-Telecom technology Co., Ltd / China Unicom – Next Generation Intelligent Centralized OSS Enhances Business Agility and Expandability
- Bharti Airtel Ltd – Execution @ Speed of Thought
- FusionLayer, Inc. – Deliver Network Agility with Software-Defined IPAM
- NetCracker Technology – Netcracker Helps Leading Logistics Company Become the World’s Largest Supply Chain
- Orange Business Services / Pegasystems, Inc. – Orange Business Services SALTO / DPM new Program
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) – Intelligo Omnia: Client Care Assistance Tool
- Telstra Corporation – Delivering Business Agility in a Digital Economy
- TierOne, Inc. – Enterprise Customer Digital Operations
- Verizon Communications – Verizon Enterprise Solutions “Deal Analytics and Intelligence Engine”
Open Digital Ecosystem Platform of the Year Award
The digital business revolution is driving the growth of complex business-to-business (B2B) relationships trading across a complex ‘value fabric’ of relationships. To support such digital ecosystems, sophisticated platforms for digital business are emerging. This award is given to the company that is shaping the market, and in particular, driving open approaches to the emergence of digital ecosystems.
- BT Group plc / BT RICOH – RICOH Digital Business Enablement by BT’s Cloud of Clouds
- China Unicom / Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. – China Unicom (Shanghai) B2B enabling Platform
- Indra Sistemas S.A. – FEEP IoT Platform Sofia2
- NetCracker Technology / Telefónica O2 – Smart Energy Transformation Across the UK
Further details on each of the finalist entries will be available during TM Forum Live! – May 9-12 in Nice, France – and on TM Forum’s Inform channel at http://inform.tmforum.org.
Interested in making digital business a reality at TM Forum Live 2016? Join us by registering today.
About TM Forum
TM Forum is the global industry association for digital business, connecting talented individuals, leading companies, and diverse ecosystems to accelerate our members’ successful digital business transformation. The collective experience and interests of our member community – comprised of tens-of-thousands of professionals within 900+ market-leading global enterprises, service providers and technology suppliers that together account for trillions of dollars in annual revenues – drives everything we do, from thought-provoking research and publications, to practical guidance, collaboration programs, tools and best practices, hands-on events, and training for business and IT leaders.
Through three key programs – Agile Business and IT, Open Digital Ecosystem, and Customer Centricity – we provide an open platform for our members to connect and collaborate with individuals and groups from around the world to solve key challenges and rapidly innovate to deliver and monetize new services, improve business agility, partner for success, reduce cost and risk, and enhance customer value and loyalty. To accelerate your R&D and join our digital journey as a valued member and collaborator, please visit www.tmforum.org.
+1 617 960 9875