The Catalyst program brings business and technology innovation to life in smart cities, smart energy, smart health, NFV & SDN, digital transformation and customer centricity
MORRISTOWN, NJ—November 20, 2015—TM Forum, the global industry association for digital business, today honors 11 Catalyst projects, including three winners, that were unveiled during its debut conference, Catalyst InFocus, which took place November 4-5 in Dallas, Texas.
Catalyst InFocus brought together nearly 200 key industry leaders and featured presentations from 50 prominent industry experts, including C-level executives from Verizon, AT&T, Wells Fargo, Microsoft and more. The interactive conference gave attendees the opportunity to explore the Catalyst projects, championed by organizations such as AT&T, BT, China Mobile, Cox Communications, Liberty Global, Orange, Telecom Italia, Telstra, Vodafone and Verizon. The projects focused on current business and technology issues spanning agile business and IT, NFV and SDN, big data analytics, omnichannel customer experience, open cloud ecosystems, smart cities and smart health.
TM Forum’s Catalyst program connects diverse companies from across industries and ecosystems, facilitating collaboration and fostering the co-creation of innovative solutions to pressing digital business challenges. Catalysts are member-led, proof-of-concept projects and demonstrations that both inform and leverage TM Forum best practices and standards including TM Forum Frameworx™.
During Catalyst InFocus, three of the projects received awards, voted for by TM Forum’s Strategy Committee, and three others achieved honorable mentions. In total, 11 innovative Catalyst projects were on display at the event.
- Most Innovative Catalyst – Smart Energy: Connected Home Devices and Electric Vehicles for Smart Energy Benefits, with an honorable mention going to Enabling the Smart City Digital Ecosystem.
- Champions: NRCEA, Orange
- Participants: BearingPoint, Esri
- Best Adoption Of Frameworx – Model-Driven Hybrid Service Orchestration via an FMO Architecture, with an honorable mention going to Smart Health.
- Champions: China Mobile, Orange
- Participants: Huawei, IBM, Inspur
- Greatest Contribution To Frameworx – Maximizing Profitability with NFV Orchestration, with an honorable mention going to Customer Premises Equipment Virtualization.
- Champions: NTT Group, TATA
- Participants: Aria Networks, Ericsson, Viavi
“Over the past year, we have grown the Catalyst program into a true R&D accelerator, bringing together industry leaders to solve the biggest digital transformation challenges facing both the public sector and commercial businesses across numerous industry sectors. This latest round of Catalyst Projects is vital to keeping that momentum going,” said Nik Willetts, deputy CEO and chief digital officer, TM Forum. “Our Catalyst Projects are intended to provide the industry with real-world digital business examples and use cases, along with a better understanding of how essential collaboration, partnering and co-creation are to delivering tangible and reusable outcomes rapidly.”
- The Call for Catalysts for TM Forum Live! 2016 – May 9-12, 2016 in Nice, France – is now open. Demonstrate your industry leadership in front of thousands of your peers by submitting a proposal by November 30, 2015.
- Learn more about the 11 Catalyst Projects that were demonstrated at Catalyst InFocus, along with video highlights and interviews of the champions and participants.
- View a recap of Catalyst InFocus plus more news, features and industry analysis on TM Forum Inform.
- Take a look at past Catalyst participants, including the four winning projects that were selected at TM Forum Live! in June 2015.
- Interested in demonstrating your industry leadership in front of thousands of your peers and thought leaders from around the globe? Find out more about participating in TM Forum’s Catalyst Program.
- Learn more about TM Forum’s Frameworx suite of standards-based tools and best practices.
About TM Forum
TM Forum is the global industry association for digital business, connecting talented individuals, leading companies, and diverse ecosystems to accelerate our members’ successful digital business transformation. The collective experience and interests of our member community – comprised of tens-of-thousands of professionals within 950+ market-leading global enterprises, service providers and technology suppliers that together account for trillions of dollars in annual revenues – drives everything we do, from thought-provoking research and publications, to practical guidance, collaboration programs, tools and best practices, hands-on events, and training for business and IT leaders.
Through three key programs – Agile Business and IT, Open Digital Ecosystem, and Customer Centricity – we provide an open platform for our members to connect and collaborate with individuals and groups from around the world to solve key challenges and rapidly innovate to deliver new services, improve business agility, partner for success, reduce cost and risk, and enhance customer value and loyalty. To accelerate your R&D and join our digital journey as a valued member and collaborator, please visit www.tmforum.org.
+1 617 960 9875