Groundbreaking guidebook showcases architecture, methodology and 34 use cases for implementing analytics; half-day workshop at Big Data InFocus in Amsterdam features guidebook concepts and delivers mini-tutorial on using TM Forum’s building blocks for big data
Big Data InFocus 2014, Amsterdam, Netherlands — Jan. 28, 2014: Using big data analytics to understand your customers is critical to successful customer engagement, new products and services, growth and operational efficiency. However, today’s service providers are often overwhelmed with the enormous amount of data generated by communications and digital services and as a result, struggle to make a data analytics program deliver business value. To help solve this problem, TM Forum brought together 45 member companies, including AT&T, China Mobile and Orange, to create a new Big Data Analytics Guidebook. This groundbreaking guide features a reference model and methodology to leverage 34 use cases and a set of simple building blocks to help businesses unleash the power of big data.
TM Forum’s Big Data Analytics guidebook, is a key component of Frameworx 13.5, the latest release of TM Forum’s suite of standards and best practices. Developed in just four months, over 380 individuals from 141 TM Forum member companies collaborated using agile development techniques to create the features of Frameworx 13.5. The Big Data Analytics Guidebook comprises:
- Approach and Guidance: Identifies and explains the fundamental big data concepts and a list of commonly used technologies
- Reference Model: Provides an overview of the key components that exist within a big data analytics solution, and explores each of these components in detail
- Use Cases: Provided by some of the world’s largest service providers, these example use cases address 34 business challenges analytics can help to solve, including cross sell/upsell, product management, network/capacity management, customer experience, churn reduction and fraud management
- Building Blocks: Delivers a suite of reusable, foundational functions (such as voice/text and customer location technologies, etc.) that can be applied to realize one or more of the use cases, speeding up implementation of big data solutions
- Business Value Roadmap Methodology: Helps to identify which big data analytics technologies should be used to address a variety of use cases using a three-step process that ties together the building blocks, reference model and available technologies
“Effective analytics are a critical component of successful digital businesses, enabling companies to truly understand their customers, build effective loyalty programs, reduce operating costs and grow new revenue streams,” said Nik Willetts, chief strategy officer, TM Forum. “Unlocking the true value of data isn’t easy, and that’s why we’re focused on bringing together the digital ecosystem to share best practices and practical examples of what works. Our new Big Data Analytics Guidebook is the first step in delivering a comprehensive view of the major components businesses required to roll out a successful, real-life big data analytics program.”
The Big Data Analytics Guidebook is the focus of a half-day workshop at TM Forum’s Big Data InFocus event, held at the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre, Jan. 28-29. On Tuesday afternoon, attendees can participate in the workshop and learn directly from the guidebook’s authors about TM Forum’s step-by-step approach to big data analytics.
About TM Forum
TM Forum is a global industry association which helps its members transform and succeed in the digital economy. The collective experience and interests of our member community, comprised of more than 85,000 experts from 1,000 global enterprises, service providers and technology suppliers drives everything we do, from thought-provoking research and publications, to practical guidance, tools and best practices, hands-on events, and training for business and IT leaders.
Through three key programs – Agile Business and IT, Open Digital Ecosystem, and Customer Engagement – we provide a unique platform for our members to connect and collaborate with individuals and groups from around the world to solve key challenges and rapidly innovate to deliver new services, improve business agility, partner for success, reduce cost and risk, and enhance customer value and loyalty.
Global TM Forum Media Contact
Senior Director Marketing, Corporate Communications and PR
+1 973 641 3247