Automating service problem management business operations using the TM Forum Network-as-a-Service APIs
In order to avoid major IT transformation of their legacy OSS and BSS stacks, as they seek to become more agile and responsive to changing market conditions and the evolution of new technologies, digital service providers can deploy a Network as a Service (NaaS) API wrapper to support industry-standard APIs with minimal disruption to their standard operations.
This Catalyst project models a multi-site IoT customer service and demonstrates the choreography of NaaS Service Problem Management API messages between the IoT service customer, the IoT service providing CSP and a last-mile connectivity supplying CSP. It illustrates how a CSP can integrate those API exchanges with a legacy OSS stack that continues to be used for service assurance. The Catalyst also assesses the IoT Information Framework (SID) model to identify its appropriateness for use in this scenario.
The solution enables a dynamic & self-service-based digital environment for the CSPs with the following features:
- Provider CSPs’ ability to offer and assure network services via a network abstraction layer that ensures only the appropriate functionality and data is exposed, decoupling the interface to customers from the internal implementation within the CSP;
- Improved visibility by Customers of Service Problems; standardizing the creation, tracking and resolution of Service Problems with their Provider CSPs reduces the cost of operations for the customer and lowering their barrier to exit
- Improvements in MTTR for Service Problems by standardizing the exchange of relevant data between Customer, Providing CSP and Supplying CSP
Articles & blogs
- 2020: Outstanding Catalyst Communications
- 2020: Outstanding use of TM Forum Assets
- 2020: Best New Catalyst in Show
Videos & Images
Watch full project demo
Watch panel discussion from DTWS 2020
Watch Catalyst Digital Showcase session, 2020
Watch preview of the project, Feb 2020