Open API Project
The increasingly complex multi-partner digital services value chain raises new challenges in terms of ensuring time-to-market, seamless management, cost-effectiveness and revenue sharing.
In order to meet these challenges, TM Forum members, including the world’s largest service providers and suppliers, have been working to develop Open APIs that enable the open digital ecosystem and provide critical management functionality to digital services.
Ongoing Collaboration Work
The ongoing work is divided into a number of collaborative workstreams:
- API CTK Conformance Support
- Building a portfolio of Conformance Test Kits for self-assessment of Open API implementations
- End-to-End NFV Management APIs
- Working with the ZOOM project team to agree end-to-end use cases illustrating use of TMF Open APIs for NFV management
- Hypermedia Support in APIs
- Extending Open APIs with hypermedia features to support applicable API requirements
- API Processes & Governance
- Mapping between APIs and platform based architectures
- Updating & finalizing APIs in progress
- API Tooling and Automation Support
- Crowd-Sourced APIs
- API map updates and alignment with Frameworx
- Who should join?If you are developer who wants explore the family of REST based APIs; get the full technical details; try them out in a live environment; get sample apps, source code and more.
- What commitment is required in terms of time and effort?We anticipate you to commit to one or more workstreams in the Open API project, depending on the workstream you choose to participate in. Each workstream will be active for one hour every week .
- What will I get out of this?
- Individual and Company recognition on TM Forum website and in Community
- Individual and company recognition in published documents/assets that you have contributed to
- If required part-take in interviews for both internal TM Forum and industry publications on team deliverables
- Quotes in press releases where relevant
- Special recognition at Accelerate events
- Opportunity to become member Chair/Team lead
- How can I join?Join the project here
Learn more about projects within the theme of Cloud Native IT & Networks
To discuss or learn more contact George Glass at [email protected]