TM Forum’s prestigious award recognizes the organizations making a significant contribution to the acceleration of digital transformation throughout the industry; finalists will be announced in July and winners announced during Digital Transformation World in Copenhagen, September 2022.
London, UK – May 24, 2022 TM Forum the industry association driving digital transformation through collaboration, announces today the 73 nominees for its esteemed 2022 Excellence Awards.
The Excellence Awards program highlights achievements in our industry through digital transformation business cases relating to 7 key themes. Winners will be announced during Digital Transformation World in September 2022.
Mapping to one of TM Forum’s core themes: AI, data & insights; Autonomous operations; Cloud native IT & networks; Customer experience & trust; Beyond connectivity; Sustainability and the human factor, the awards program has been accrediting leading companies for their inventive achievements since 2007.
The current nominees across the core categories are as follows:
AI, Data & Insights
Organizations are drowning in data. Data lakes are turning into data swamps. What’s the right balance between centralized and edge data processing, who controls and uses the data, and how does it enable AI? This award will recognize how companies are successfully overcoming these challenges and managing data and AI to gain useful customer insights and real-time operational efficiencies.
- Three Ireland’s Hyper-Personalization Achievement – The Right Offer, The Right Channel, The Right Person, And at The Right Time: Amdocs Management Limited / Three Ireland
- Martini Automation and Analytics: BT Group plc / Infosys
- Establishing Enterprise Data Governance – Project Axon: Celcom Axiata Berhad
- Digital Engagement with AI on Application Markets: Etiya / Turk Telekom
- AI driven Smart Wireless Analysis Tool (SWAT) by China Unicom and Nokia: Nokia / China Unicom
- ISYANA: AI & ML Service Hub for Monetization & Customer Engagement: PT Telekomunikasi Selular
- Intelligent Urban Mobility: Leveraging Big Data and Network Geo-Location for External Data Monetization: PT Telekomunikasi Selular / Binkzap
- Jio’s Adaptive Troubleshooting Operations Management (ATOM): Reliance Jio Infocomm
- AIOps Service Monitoring and Assurance: Robi Axiata
- Becoming a Data-Driven Organization: STC
- Telefónica Germany introduced Predictive Maintenance System: Telefonica Germany / Tech Mahindra
- Customer Oriented Network Management and Automation with “AI in Operations” : Turk Telekom / Innova
Deploying scalable and sliceable autonomous networks is key to unlocking the power of 5G and edge computing. This award will recognize how companies are successfully navigating the hybrid challenge of operating legacy and new environments, detailing the business operations needed to develop new services at the edge.
- XL Axiata’s Unique Business Process-Driven Approach: Amdocs / XL Axiata
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA) For Axiata Corporate Centre: Axiata / KGiSL / UiPath
- China Unicom Autonomous Networks Scheduling and Opening Platform: China Unicom
- Customer Service Support System Promotes Customer Digital Experience: GuoChuang / China Unicom
- Digital, Intelligent Operations Create Optimal User Experience: Huawei / China Unicom
- Unifying and Automating Operations to Expand Deeper into Multiple Vertical Markets: Netcracker / Etisalat
- Accelerating Smart Nation Digitalization with A Business Class Digital Network: SP Telecommunications / PCCW Solutions
- UNMS: Telecom Egypt
- Composite Orchestration (Ordering and Orchestration Management) Of Hybrid Services in A Naas Architecture: Telstra / Ericsson
- Customer Centric Service Assurance: Verizon / Infosys
- Building VNPT’s Unified OSS: Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT)
- Home Services: Viettel Corporation
Cloud Native IT & Networks
The industry is moving to open, cloud-based architectures for IT and networks, to deliver faster time-to-value and dynamic zero-touch operations. This award will recognize company visions, victories and battle-scars from their cloud migration journey.
- MTC Namibia OSS: Towards an Open Digital Architecture [ODA]: Alvatross By Satec / Mtc
- Axonect Hybrid/Multi Cloud Orchestrator to Enable Axiata Digital Transformation: Axiata / Axiata Digital Labs
- Digital Transformation Project Of BSS/OSS Cloudification: China Telecom / Whale Cloud
- China Unicom’s Edge Computing Platform Based on Cloud Native And NFV: China Unicom, 99cloud
- 5G Cloud and Al Convergence of BOSS : China Unicom / Inspur
- Cloud Native, Software Defined Network Management for Nbn: Infosys / NBN Co
- How NBN Co’s Integration Platform Transformation Powered Its Drive to Help Connect 17 million Australians: NBNCo / Accenture
- Consolidating Multiple IT Stacks to Support Customer Growth, Future Expansion and Operational Stability: Netcracker / T-Mobile
- Nexign Microservices Framework Enables Megafon’s Open Digital Ecosystem Based on The Cloud-Native Microservices Architecture: Nexign / Megafon
- Jio’s Enterprise Private 5G Solutions: Reliance Jio Infocomm
- RAITT – A Radical Architecture and IT Transformation Towards a Cloud Native Digital Telco : Telefonica Germany
- A Data Service Open Platform Using Cloud-Based Technologies: Whale Cloud / China Unicom
Customer Experience & Trust
Creating personalized, differentiated experiences that deliver value to both enterprise customers and consumers remains a priority for the industry. This award will recognize how companies are delivering differentiation, data-driven, customer-centric strategies and decision making, and harnessing AI to secure brand loyalty.
- China Unicom Centralized Business Support System Information Security Strategy: China Unicom / China Unicom Software
- Real-Time Deduction System Based on Distributing Message Process: China Unicom / China Unicom Software
- Practice And Promotion of Technological Innovation In Public Middle Office Construction Based On “Platform + Application”: China Unicom / Beijing Tianyuan dike Network Technology
- The China Unicom Intelligent Customer Service Driven by 5G+AI+Big Data Creates Personalized, Differentiated Experiences for Customers: China Unicom; Guochuang Software Co Ltd
- Network & Customer Experience Improvement Program 2021: Dialog Axiata
- Turk Telekom Group OMNI Channel Program: Etiya / Turk Telekom
- STC Fixed CEM Solution: Nokia / STC
- Proactive Home Broadband Customer Experience Management by China Mobile Fujian Branch Company and Nokia: Nokia / China Mobile
- Enhancing Customer Experience and Building Digital Trust with Business Assurance for BSS Enterprise Transformation: Subex / STC
- Delighting Users with Unifi’s 24 Hours Service Promise: Telekom Malaysia / Open Serve
- Openserve Connect App – A Wholesale Innovation Initiative: Telkom SA
- U Mobile’s Secret Ingredient to Success: Deliver Services Customers Demand: Whale Cloud / U Mobile
The arrival of 5G and AI-enabled IoT systems is creating new B2B2x service opportunities. From new forms of media and entertainment to smart manufacturing, robotics and logistics, transport, health and smart cities, each sector is experimenting with its own digital future. This award will recognize how companies are enabling tomorrow’s connected ecosystems, by blurring lines between physical and digital business.
Integrated Ecosystem – More Than Just a Marketplace: Apptium / TD Synnex
5G Cloud-Network Capability Integration Management Solution: China Mobile / Huawei
Application Practice of China Mobile Privacy Computing Products in Various Industries: China Mobile / AsiaInfo
The 5G Private Network Operation Platform Enables Vertical Industries to Develop: China Unicom / AsiaInfo
Comviva BlueMarble Digital BSS enhances Tata Play Customer Experience: Comviva / Tata Play
Consolidating Wholesale BSS and Partner Management to Support a Rapidly Growing Ecosystem and Complex
Business Models: Netcracker / T-Mobile
Viettel Money – The Leading Digital Financial Ecosystem: Viettel
Moving Beyond Borders: Telkomsigma has Transformed into the Digital Enabler for Indonesian Industries With its FLOU Cloud: Whale Cloud Technology / Telkomsigma
While providing vital services to billions of people around the world, our industry is awake to its social and ethical responsibilities to create a sustainable future. This award will recognize how companies are applying new technology and innovative solutions to enhance our societies and protect our environment.
Smart IDC — Intelligent Energy Saving for Data Centers: China Telecom
Huawei FinTech Solution for Financial Inclusion: Huawei
Sustainable Green Data Center: Huawei
Green 5G Promotes Sustainable Development: Huawei / China Mobile
Kanpur Greenfield Smart City Solution: Tech Mahindra / Kanpur Smart City
Repurposing Therapeutic Drugs for COVID-19: Social Sustainability: Tech Mahindra
Sustainability Enabled by Telecom: triPica / Bouygues Telecom
Viettel Cyberbot application in Covid-19 epidemic: Viettel
The Human Factor
Organizational structures, mindsets and culture are evolving as a new generation of technology and business thinking is being used to drive digital transformation. This award will recognize how companies are working with the new generation of leaders striving to optimize performance, drive business transformation and build the workforce of the future.
Alvatross by Satec: a new OSS entrant born with an ODA DNA: Alvatross By Satec
Implementing TM Forum Transformation Journeys in Colombia: Claro Colombia
China Mobile Integrated Platform for R&D and Operation promotes organizational performance improvement and accelerates talent transformation: China Mobile / GuoChuang
Using Customer Experience to Improve Employee Engagement and Grow Business Value: Vodafone
Telenet AMS- MOVING FROM “GOOD TO GREAT”: Infosys
Remote management of 3UK’s complex back-office network operations: Tech Mahindra / Three Ireland
FORCE: Workforce Management System: Telekom Malaysia / SAMB
ERA – TM Career and Networking Application: Telekom Malaysia
Digitalization of business processes at VNPT: Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT)
TM Forum Excellence Awards
Since 2007, TM Forum’s Excellence Awards have recognized the world’s leading companies for their innovative achievements spanning digital transformation, business and IT agility, customer centricity, cross-industry partnering and collaboration, and product and service innovation. Our Awards program highlights achievements in our industry through digital transformation business cases relating to 7 key themes. Winners will be announced during Digital Transformation World in September 2022. As a neutral, non-profit organization, our awards ensure a prestigious and impartial view, celebrating the success of key industry players and delivering unrivalled industry exposure and valuable peer recognition.
About Digital Transformation World 2022 (DTW)
After two years as a virtual conference, this year DTW excitingly returns to connecting face to face and will take place at the Bella Center in Copenhagen, running from September 20th to 22nd. DTW is where the industry comes together in a highly interactive experience with opportunities to meet and connect to explore how industry collaboration can inspire change and help solve some of the industry’s greatest challenges. The event will showcase over 55 hours of visionary and practical content with 100+ sponsors, exhibitors and Catalysts as well as over 150 Communication Services Providers (CSPs) and 3,000 attendees from 90+ countries. For sponsorship information, contact [email protected].
About TM Forum
TM Forum is an association of over 850 member companies, which include 10 of the world’s top 10 network and communications providers and stretch across 180 countries. Our members tap into each other’s collective experiences and abilities to collaboratively solve complex industry-wide challenges, deploy new services, and create technology breakthroughs to accelerate change.
We help communications service providers (CSPs) and their suppliers to digitally transform and thrive in the digital era. We do this by providing an open, collaborative environment and practical support which enables CSPs and suppliers to rapidly transform their business operations, IT systems and ecosystems to capitalize on the opportunities presented in a rapidly evolving digital world. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Learn more at www.tmforum.org.