Transform operations, people, and culture for successful digital transformation
TM Forum’s TechCo Organizational Design (TCOD) project is helping the industry deploy and manage the ‘People’ side of the Open Digital Architecture by creating a framework for organizations to master operations, people, and culture for a successful digital transformation. TCOD empowers service providers to get more intelligence from their ‘people,’ allowing better decision-making and making the organization a more inclusive employer.
TCOD Project Overview
There is widespread acknowledgment among communications service providers (CSPs) that culture is the biggest barrier to transformation, according to recent TM Forum research, but this does not mean it’s an easy problem to address.
Digital transformation is fundamentally changing how companies react to organizational design and talent. The industry is moving to platform operations and integrating digital technology into all business areas. As a result, the fundamental processes are changing how results are delivered in terms of new value to customers. It includes organizational, people, and culture changes centered on alignment across leadership, strategy, values, operations, inclusion, skills, and workforce talent evolution.
The mission of this project is to build the thought leadership, guidebooks, best practices, and standards that shape the future of digital business in any industry.
Working collaboratively with TM Forum members, this project will include a wide variety of members with the best skills and proven toolsets.
- Who should join?Skills and experiences are needed from those who are leading or are impacted by digital transformation and who are interested in culture change and development for future skills through upskilling/reskilling as well as identifying the future skills that are needed.
- What commitment is required in terms of time and effort?Provide commitment to join Wednesdays at 12 noon GMT for one hour and to contribute to assets.
- What will I get out of this?
- Individual and company recognition on TM Forum website and community
- Individual and company recognition in published documents/assets that you have contributed to
- If required, part-take in interviews for both internal TM Forum and industry publications on team deliverables
- Quotes in press releases where relevant
- Special recognition at Accelerate events
- Opportunity to become member Chair/Team lead
- How can I join?Join the project here
Digital Organizational Transformation Approach
Understand why organization, culture and skills are fundamental to realizing the full benefits from investment in digital technologies and business models.
Digital Organizational Transformation Ecosystem Guide
Understand how the organization and culture can be evolved to realize the business benefits of digitalization; the framework, approach and roles required to deliver digitalization.
10 Telco Transformation Journeys
Examine the very broad scope of telco digital transformation and the multiple strategic issues that need to be addressed in concert for a transformation to be successful.
Inspiring innovative teams through Diversity & Inclusion
Hear an objective view of the skills shortage in telecoms and how diversity can help to attract talent and fuel innovation.