AI operations (AIOps) Fundamentals
AI in operations, or AIOps, envision a high level of AI-assisted or AI-driven automation in IT and network operations.
As communications service providers (CSPs) are undergoing digital transformation and are challenged with new technology and service rollouts, their operations teams envision a high level of AI-assisted or AI-driven automation in IT and network operations.
As AI components and systems move into CSPs’ operational environments, it is important to understand just how different working with AI is from traditional operations software. It is intent-based rather than procedural and employs non-deterministic logic, not predictable outputs from specific inputs.
AIOps combines big data and machine learning to automate IT operations processes, including event correlation, anomaly detection and causality determination, and the TM Forum is working to
develop a framework to define how this very different technology should be applied, governed, and managed.
In this course, we use the outputs of the TM collaboration project and Catalyst proofs of concept to explain the latest thinking and principles of AIOps. It explores the concepts and building blocks and highlights resources to go deeper into the subject.
This one-day course is offered in expert-led virtual or in-person session to ensure a balance of classroom style education and interactive, hands-on exercises to maximize your learning.
Pre-requisites: AI and Automation – Deploying in ODA Overview is recommended
Duration: 1 day
Take this course in-person (Onsite):
Talk to us about getting this course for your team.
Download the datasheet for this course.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone tasked with implementing and running operations in AI systems
- Technical staff – as a foundation course for the design and development of autonomous networks
- Data Scientists working for enterprise application providers or integrators
- Anyone working at the practical level of network operations and its impacts on the 5G rollouts
- Engineers and service operators learning how to manage the implementation of AI systems and the impact on the software rollouts
- Anyone investigating the field of AI, its challenges, and practicalities in its rollout.
What will you learn?
- The basic principles and definitions of AIOps
- Business drivers for the introduction of AIOps for the industry, CSPs and different parties
- The evolution of traditional software development models to the new AI/machine learning software development model
- The new approach for supporting AIOps, including the Service Management Framework
- Some use cases with the implemented AIOps principles and frameworks
- The challenges facing the implementation of AIOps
- Module 1 AI Operations (AIOps) – introduction & drivers
- Module 2 AI/ML Software Development Model overview
- Module 3 AIOps Service Management Framework
- Module 4 Case studies of AIOps
- Module 5 Challenges of AI closed loop management implementation
- Module 6 Challenges of AIOps implementation & next steps
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. There is a knowledge certification exam also associated with the course material. Passing this exam counts towards the TM Forum Skill certification. Find out more here.