Intent Driven Autonomous Networks (IDAN) Fundamentals
Expand your AI foundation: Learn a common, business-led approach to introducing autonomous networks, required to manage the surge in data usage and the introduction of 5G services.
Autonomous Networks (AN) are network and software platforms that can adapt their behavior based on their environment with minimal human input. However, achieving this autonomous state is challenging due to complexity and integration requirements, especially when dealing with legacy network and software platforms used by communication service providers (CSPs).
This course provides a foundational understanding of implementing autonomous networks. You will learn a standardized approach to intent-based network operations, enabling you to express desired outcomes in a machine-interpretable language. This approach is supported by new Open APIs.
The course initially covers the industry standards, vendor-agnostic reference architectures and technical architectures. This knowledge helps all stakeholders understand the relationship within the autonomous domains. You will also explore the impacts and implications of deploying an autonomous network.
Pre-requisites: AI and Automation – Deploying in ODA Overview is recommended
Duration: Self-paced / 1 day
Register to take this course online:
Take this course in-person (onsite or virtual):
Download the datasheet for this course.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
Professionals responsible for ensuring autonomous networks deliver value to the business.
Technicians and engineers seeking a foundation course in designing and developing autonomous networks.
Data scientists and systems analysts working for enterprise application providers or integrators.
Professionals involved in practical data research and analytics and its impacts on 5G rollouts.
Developers and architects managing large volumes of data in new networks.
Individuals interested in exploring the challenges and practicalities in AI rollout.
What will you learn?
- Understand the importance of AN architectures and standards in adopting and rolling out 5G.
- Gain insights into the business and management challenges associated with developing autonomous networks.
- A solid foundation for scoping autonomous networks projects, planning and assessing the impact of change.
- The criteria and steps involved in becoming a fully AN-driven CSP.
- Requirements of an autonomous network and the significance of concepts such as closed loops, autonomous domains, intent driven interaction.
- Module 1 Intent Driven Autonomous Networks (IDAN) – Introduction & drivers
- Module 2 Principles, AN Reference Architecture & maturity levels
- Module 3 Intent modelling & life cycle management
- Module 4 Capability management & control loops
- Module 5 Case studies of IDAN
- Module 6 Challenges of IDAN Implementation & next steps
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. There is a knowledge certification exam also associated with the course material. Passing this exam counts towards the TM Forum skill certification. Find out more here.