Business Process Framework Conformance overview
This service performs a formal and certified conformance assessment of the relevant TM Forum Business Process Framework (eTOM) Level 3 processes. It is designed to provide vendors with an independent assessment and validation of the level of conformance of their product/solution. Service providers and system integrators can certify design or implementation of a subset of the Business Process Framework (eTOM) Level 3 processes.
TM Forum’s Business Process Framework (eTOM) is a hierarchical catalog of the key business processes required to run a service-focused business. At the conceptual level, the framework has three major areas, reflecting major focuses within typical enterprises:
- Strategy, Infrastructure and Product
- Enterprise Management
Business Process Framework (eTOM) Conformance Certification ensures that the processes of a specific implementation are consistent with TM Forum’s globally recognized standards and best practices. Numerous benefits of conformance include swifter integration with other products and solutions, providing proof points in RFx processes, making integration simpler and more reliable and thus saving costs and aligning with industry proven models and standards.
Browse the list of products, solutions and service provider implementations that have achieved Conformance
Review the simple steps to obtain conformance for your organization’s product and solutions.
Exposure for your certification via TM Forum marketing channels
Read about companies that have achieved Conformance certification and reaped the benefits
How does it work?
- The service will assess how well the product/solution or implementation conforms with the Business Process Framework level 3 process elements. The overall process includes scoping of which elements to assess, however the minimum scope required is 5 Level-3 process elements for the Business Process Framework.
- Business Process Framework Conformance is based on scoring the assets based on their alignment to the TM Forum standard, scores are awarded for each Level 3 process submitted in scope. The Level 3 scores are derived/calculated based on the levels of conformance for the underlying Level 4 processes for which mapping support is provided in the assessment. As such, levels of conformance to the Level 4 processes are also provided in the Certification Report.
- Mapping support can also be provided for L3 processes if the member chooses to do so; this is allowed whenever the Level-3 process includes a relevant and detailed enough (textual) description of the process in the form of implied tasks reflecting all the L4 process constituents. It is also possible and necessary to provide mappings against Level-3 processes whenever there are no decomposed elements at Level 4.
- This process can be combined with the Information Framework conformance process by selecting relevant ABEs to achieve a minimum total of 5 elements.
- To discuss your readiness for conformance certification and for all other questions, e-mail [email protected].