The Business Process Framework (eTOM) is a critical component of Frameworx, the TM Forum’s blueprint for enabling successful business transformation.
It is a comprehensive, industry-agreed, multi-layered view of the key business processes required to run an efficient, effective and agile digital enterprise.
All of Frameworx, including the Business Process Framework, is created and evolved by industry leaders and practitioners in TM Forum’s member driven collaboration community.
What is the Business Process Framework?
It is a hierarchical catalog of the key business processes required to run a service-focused business. At the conceptual level, the framework has three major areas, reflecting major focuses within typical enterprises:
- Strategy, Infrastructure and Product
- Enterprise Management
6 things you can do with the Business Process Framework
- Create a common language for use across departments, systems, external partners and suppliers, reducing cost and risk of system implementation, integration and procurement.
- Adopt a standard structure, terminology and classification scheme for business processes to simplify internal operations and maximize opportunities to partner within and across industries.
- Apply disciplined and consistent business process development enterprise-wide, allowing for cross-organizational reuse.
- Understand, design, develop and manage IT applications in terms of business process requirements so applications will better meet business needs.
- Create consistent and high-quality end-to-end process flows, eliminating gaps and duplications in process flows.
- Identify opportunities for cost and performance improvement through re-use of existing processes and systems.
Download GB921 Business Process Framework (eTOM) – R16.5
Read RN332 Release Notes for Business Process Framework- R16.5
Expand your Frameworx foundation: learn a common business-led approach to rationalize the processes that run your business. Get clear direction on how TM Forum’s Business Process Framework can be used to support a range of business activities to deliver maximum efficiency.
Implement and use the Business Process Framework (eTOM) to deploy business improvement projects more effectively.
Give yourself a competitive edge by taking courses and exams to gain Knowledge and Career Certification.
Engage TM Forum to independently verify and certify how well your business processes and information models align with the industry standards found in Frameworx.
See who has achieved Frameworx Conformance Certification for the Business Process Framework.
TM Forum Coaching compliments our training and certification program to help you make the link between the skills you learned in class and the proper application of the standards, best practices and tools in the specific context of your project.