AR/VR has been widely used in consumer electronics and it may seem that this is all to it. The idea of this catalyst is really about exploring relevant usages of AR/VR technology to improve internal day-to-day operations and to bring about a new level of user experience to internal employees as well as contractors or partners.
- 3 use cases will be implemented as part of the catalyst covering the following:
- Enhancing field service
- Enriching training experience
- Transforming data center operations
The use of AR/VR is expected to address various business challenges such as overcoming inefficiencies incurred in getting work done. e.g.:
- The need to be physically at a location
- Cost incurred
- The learning curves on new solutions in the area of training are expected to be shortened
- Logistical challenges in organizing classroom training could be eliminated
- Last but not least, overcoming 2D interface limitation to view 3D models thereby bringing new perspectives to aid decision making.
*2018 Catalyst project showcased in Digital Transformation Asia.