IG1228 How to use ODA – Realizing Use Cases with Open APIs v4.0.0
- Maturity level: Level 4 - Forum Approved
Created By: Open Digital Architecture Project
The objective of this document is to illustrate through simple use cases:
- Dynamic view of ODA Functional Architecture (to be progressively extended in next versions to the global Order to Cash process)
- Usage of TMF Open APIs (leveraging TMF Open APIs v4)
- A draft list of ODA macro-components, represented as vertical lines in the sequence diagrams
- 2 possible ways of distributing processes and macro-components and TMF API orchestration
- A: Using the concept of BFF, in charge of process orchestration and TM Forum API orchestration
- B: Using TMF 701 Process Flow API to decouple front-ends and process layers.
- This document is shared with other TMF working groups, and it will continuously evolve benefiting from their feedback:
- Open APIs workgroup
- ODA Reference Implementation workgroup
If enhancements to the TM Forum Open APIs v4 are needed for performing a use-case listed at the end of each use-case section will be discussed with the TM Forum Open API working group.