Digital Business Ecosystems Practitioners’ Course
Using TM Forum’s best practices to define, design, model and scope digital business ecosystems.
Digital ecosystems can involve huge complexity, with multiple partners, business models and stakeholders to be managed. This training course will arm you with a practical, hands-on methodology to define and design business models and business ecosystems and to scope the key elements required to deliver IoT, platform or ecosystem-based services.
This interactive and practical training course introduces how TM Forum’s best practices models, guidelines and blueprints can be used to design and define business ecosystems based on key inputs, impacts, drivers and business models that should be considered for IoT or digital services projects.
Attendees will build up knowledge throughout this expert-led course, using case studies and examples, ecosystem stakeholder role-play and sharing learnings through a collaborative and iterative approach to gain practical experience of modelling a detailed business ecosystem.
Pre-requisites: Digital Business Ecosystems Fundamentals is required
Duration: 2 days
Take this course in-person (onsite or virtual):
Talk to us about getting this course for your team.
Download the datasheet for this course.
Who should attend?
This practitioners’ level course is suitable for:
- Anyone involved in a digital transformation implementation project who is involved in designing, defining or managing business ecosystems.
- Anyone who needs to understand the key components of a business ecosystem and how to use best practices to model business ecosystems.
- An organization’s digital transformation team and department heads accountable for delivering the necessary change or for defining the business ecosystem strategy
- Consultancy or System Integrator (SI) teams working on a client’s transformation project that involve strategic and tactical impacts on business ecosystems.
- Business and technical people who are or will be working on digital transformation projects and need to model or update business ecosystems required for new digital services. It is recommended that attendees first complete the Digital Business Ecosystem Fundamentals course.
- Module 1 Review of Business Ecosystem definitions, components and examples
- Module 2 Catalyst walk-through
- Module 3 Practical exercise – Iteration approach overview
- Module 4 Practical exercise Iteration 1 -definitions and Level 1 ecosystem modelling?
- Module 5 Practical exercise Iteration 2 – review and add 2nd level ecosystem stakeholders and create business models for primary stakeholders.
- Module 6 Practical exercise Iteration 3 – business capabilities mapping, ODF mapping and remaining scoping elements
- Module 7 Review & wrap up
What will you learn?
- How to use a collaborative and iterative approach to design, define and model a business ecosystem.
- TM Forum best practices for the modelling of business ecosystems using the B2B2X Business Scenario Methodology.
- How to capture key business drivers, stakeholder problem statements and overall value statements which are key inputs to modelling a successful business ecosystem.
- Define business scenarios and ecosystems, products / services by using the Osterwalder Business Canvas to create different perspectives of the business model.
- Explore different methods of using a Business Model Canvas and learn why to consider using other canvases.
- Create a visual representation of the ecosystem and partner relationships in an ecosystem diagram using the TM Forum Partnering Guide and Open APIs.
- Use different methods to organize the stakeholders in an ecosystem diagram to provide greater context and clarity.
- Scope the project using the common language of TM Forum Frameworx by tagging elements and assigning stakeholders.
- Identify gaps or inconsistencies within the ecosystem and across the entire business scenario.
- Understand the importance of collaboration and the methods available to share data from the business ecosystem across your organization.
Exclusive to TM Forum training, you will learn about ways to apply TM Forum’s best practices to accelerate your ecosystem projects:
- TM Forum B2B2X Business Scenario Methodology
- TM Forum Partnering Guide
- TM Forum Business Ecosystem Modelling Tool, CurateFx
Suggested next steps
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. See how we can boost the impact of this training using our coaching program.