What are the opportunities, benefits and risks of implementing NFV and SDN?
This course is an essential guide to the new world of possibilities that the transition to software defined networking and network function virtualization opens-up, for all types of digital service providers, their suppliers, and their customers.
It focuses on key issues, such as:
- What will be the impact on the products and services digital service providers can sell and the level of customer service?
- How will service providers need to change to innovate and exploit new software defined network and virtual network function technologies?
- What new privacy concerns and security vulnerabilities will need to be mitigated?
- How will infrastructure capacity planning and procurement be impacted?
TM Forum Frameworx Overview is recommended
- To show how virtualized networks and data centers are different from and similar to their predecessors
- To describe new business models enabled by NFV and SDN
- To explore the practical management challenges of new network services
- To help you decide how to progress, and how quickly
- To offer a blueprint for migration from today’s state to tomorrow’s SDN/NFV-enabled network services environment using a hybrid infrastructure platform blueprint
- To introduce and describe the Metamodel for a Virtual Function Package supporting Ops & Tech Lifecycle Management
What will you learn?
- Module 1 Why is Virtualization so important?
- Module 2 The Consumer View
- Module 3 The Management View
- Module 4 Managing and Delivering Virtualized Services
- Module 5 Procuring and Managing Infrastructure
- Module 6 Planning, Implementation and Transition
- Module 7 Security and Privacy Implications
- Module 8 What to do next
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who is planning for or progressing with implementation of NFV, SDN, SDDC, or defining and managing the service offerings they enable
- Systems Integrators or Consultants working in this area
- Vendor staff who implement or sell products in this area
- Anyone who needs to know what these technologies can offer and the impact they will have on the organization
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course.
An online knowledge certification exam is available to test your learning on the fundamentals of transition to virtualized networks.