Introducing the key concepts of TM Forum Open APIs and how they enable business agility and interoperability.
TM Forum’s suite of Open APIs was developed collaboratively to dramatically improve business and IT agility and interoperability. They unlock a range of growth opportunities for communications services providers (CSP) and their ecosystem partners and suppliers by enable partnering, driving innovation by enabling the exposure and monetization of new products and services, while reducing the complexity and cost of operations and reducing the time to market.
- introduces TM Forum’s Open APIs to explain the key concepts and provide real-life examples to show why they are unique, how they are structured and how they relate to TM Forum Frameworx so that you can begin deploying them in your business.
- is presented in an easy to follow video format, including exercises to test your learning as you go along.
TM Forum Information Framework (SID) Fundamentals is required
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- API Designers, Enterprise Architects, API Developers, SOA Architects
- Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts
What will you learn?
- Understand TM Forum’s Open APIs and the related technologies like REST.
- Learn how the TM Forum’s Open APIs are structured and how to access them in the API Portal.
- Learn about the available APIs in the Portal and some ways they can be used. Get a view to new APIs in development.
- Understand the design patterns of the REST APIs and how all TM Forum’s Open APIs are based on these patterns.
- Understand how the TM Forum Open APIs REST Resource Model is related to the TM Forum Information Framework.
- Understand tooling and TM Forum Open API Conformance.
- Understand TM Forum MicroServices.
- Module 1 Introduction to REST APIs
- Common Definitions: APIs, REST, Micro Services
- What are TM Forum Open APIs, where to find them and how they are used
- TM Forum Open API Ecosystem
- Module 2 TM Forum Open API Introduction
- API Governance and Crowdsourcing
- TM Forum Open API Manifesto
- Module 3 TM Forum Open API Structure
- TM Forum Open API MAP
- Relationships with other TM Forum Frameworks (Information, Business Process and Application)
- Overview of existing TM Forum Open APIs
- Module 4 TM Forum Open API Design Patterns
- What is an API design pattern?
- TM Forum Open API design patterns overview
- Module 5 TM Forum Open APIs and the Information Framework
- What is a resource model?
- TM Forum Open API Data Model
- Information Framework to API Data Model mapping patterns
- Module 6 Tooling, Sandbox and Conformance
- Swagger Open API specifications
- Testing the APIs: POSTMAN
- API Reference Implementations
- What is API self-certification?
- API self-certification guidelines and profiles
- Certification Test Kits (CTKs)
- Module 7 Introduction to TM Forum MicroServices
- MicroService Architecture (Isolated, Autonomous and Context-bound)
- Isolation and the non-Monolithic aspect
- Domain Driven Open API MicroServices
- Module 8 Course wrap-up
Service Providers and Ecosystem Partners:
- Understand how to use TM Forum Open APIs across your ecosystems to achieve agility, interoperability, and the consistent deployment of new products and services.
- Respond to and meet the needs of service providers
- Understand why your products and services should align with and conform to the standardized Open API requirements of service providers and ecosystem partners
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. There is a knowledge certification exam also associated with the course material. Passing this exam counts towards the TM Forum Open API career certification track. Find out more here.
Take this course and associated exam (members only) for the following career certifications:
- TM Forum Platform Development Manager
- TM Forum Open API Developer
- TM Forum Open API & Data Model Architect
- TM Forum Platform Architect