Introducing the key concepts of TM Forum Open APIs and how they enable business agility and interoperability.
TM Forum’s suite of Open APIs was developed collaboratively to dramatically improve business and IT agility and interoperability. They unlock a range of growth opportunities for communications services providers (CSP) and their ecosystem partners and suppliers by enable partnering, driving innovation by enabling the exposure and monetization of new products and services, while reducing the complexity and cost of operations and reducing the time to market.
This course introduces TM Forum’s Open APIs to explain the key concepts and provide real-life examples to show why they are unique, how they are structured and how they relate to TM Forum’s Open Digital Architecture (ODA) so that you can begin deploying them in your business.
Duration: Self-paced / 1 day
Register to take this course online:
Take this course in-person (onsite or virtual):
Talk to us about getting this course for your team
Download the datasheet for this course.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- API Designers, Enterprise Architects, API Developers, SOA Architects
- Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts
What will you learn?
- Understand TM Forum’s Open APIs and the related technologies like REST.
- Learn how the TM Forum’s Open APIs are structured and how to access them in the API Portal.
- Learn about the available APIs in the Portal and some ways they can be used. Get a view to new APIs in development.
- Understand the design patterns of the REST APIs and how all TM Forum’s Open APIs are based on these patterns.
- Understand how the TM Forum Open APIs REST Resource Model is related to the TM Forum Information Framework.
- Understand tooling and TM Forum Open API Conformance.
- Understand TM Forum MicroServices.
- Module 1 Introduction to REST APIs
- Module 2 Open API introduction and basic API structure
- Module 3 Open API design patterns
- Module 4 Open APIs and ODA (Open Digital Architecture)
- Module 5 Open APIs relationship to the Information Framework and the Data Model
- Module 6 Tooling, sandbox and conformance
- Module 7 Course review and wrap-up
Service Providers and Ecosystem Partners:
- Understand how to use TM Forum Open APIs across your ecosystems to achieve agility, interoperability, and the consistent deployment of new products and services.
- Respond to and meet the needs of service providers
- Understand why your products and services should align with and conform to the standardized Open API requirements of service providers and ecosystem partners
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. There is a knowledge certification exam also associated with the course material. Passing this exam counts towards the TM Forum Open API career certification track. Find out more here.
Take this course and associated exam for the following career certifications:
- TM Forum Platform Development Manager
- TM Forum Open API Developer
- TM Forum Open API & Data Model Architect
- TM Forum Platform Architect