Business and technical perspectives on service and infrastructure delivery
The Virtualization and Cloud Awareness course provides a 4-hour, interactive, online learning experience. This self-paced e-learning course is ideal for those who require a basic understanding of the virtualization and cloud computing concepts in a time-efficient manner.
The course has been designed for learners who need this basic awareness as part of a larger program initiative – as opposed to the full certification Virtualization and Cloud Foundation courses.
|Member price||Non-member price|
|US$ 90||US$ 110|
Who should attend?
- IT and business executives who want to receive an overview of the concepts and the significance of virtualization and cloud computing.
- IT and business staff who need a brief overview and awareness of the virtualization and cloud computing concepts.
What will you learn?
- Unit 1: Course Overview
- Unit 2: Introduction to Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Concepts and Definitions
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization in Context
- Suitability for Organizations
- Unit 3: Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Workplace Virtualization
- Business Value
- Unit 4: Adopting Virtualization
- Cloud Service Model
- Cloud Service Providers
- Unit 5: Risks Connected to Cloud Computing
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization and cloud computing and be able to give examples.
- Understand the technical capabilities and business benefits of virtualization and cloud computing and how to measure these benefits.
- Describe the landscape of different types of virtualization and understand the different types of clouds.
- Illustrate how key application features can be delivered on virtual infrastructures.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization technologies.
- Understand the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.