Business and technical perspectives on how to approach measure and manage virtualization for service and infrastructure delivery
The Virtualization Essentials course is a 10-hour, interactive, online learning experience addressing the business perspectives, technical organization, and the operating environment and governing factors for virtualization.
|Member price||Non-member price|
|US$ 550||US$ 595|
Pre-requisites: There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain.
Who should attend?
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Midsized Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test)
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
What will you learn?
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of virtualization.
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms, and important features.
- Understand the implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications and recognize issues, challenges, and opportunities for managing this.
- Comprehend the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities for managing this.
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques, and understand the implications for an organization.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
- Course Overview
- Introduction to Virtualization: Context, Definitions, and Landscape
- Business Perspective: Business Value, Inhibitors, and Challenges
- The Virtual Data Center: Server Virtualization, Elements, Platforms, and Features
- The Virtual Data Center: Storage, Networking, Automation, Tools, and Implications
- Workplace Virtualization Technologies: Workplace, Challenges, and Solutions
- Adopting Virtualization: Roadmaps, Service Introduction, and Migration Techniques
- Operating Virtualization: Service Management Applied to Virtualization
- Governing Virtualization: Risk Management, Financial Management, and Sharing Policy
- Exam Preparation: 40 Sample Questions
Come to TM Forum training to learn:
- What virtualization means to your business
- How to approach, manage and measure benefits of virtualization across the organization
- Understand the factors the contribute to successful virtualization projects
- Get your IT teams trained in concepts and application of virtualization with vendor neutral training
- Start to build in-house competence and reduce dependence on external consultants
- Understand how virtualization can impact your business – your operational environment and your products
- Increase your virtualization implementation successes!