Building thought leadership, standardization and harmonization for wholesale broadband
TM Forum’s Wholesale Broadband project is working on how to standardize the process of selling, buying, and managing wholesale products, initially in the context of fiber specific use cases. We’re looking at the business processes and technical engineering (APIs related to the journeys for each business use case). The goal is to standardize and harmonize the solution for a country-agnostic approach by introducing common business scenarios and APIs with a fiber related product payload in a NetCo platform. The same patterns can be leveraged for other network products as well as traded in a wholesale market through B2B2X scenarios.
The ongoing work is divided into two workstreams which work closely together:
- The Business Analysis team is looking at the business scenarios supported, identifying common commercial requirements, regulatory constraints, SLAs, etc.
- The Technical Engineering team is looking to map the business supported scenarios with TM Forum Open APIs, review the APIs in scope and introduce context-specific APIs, record the DCS tooling, and how we go from generic to fiber payload APIs.
- Who should join?Skills and experience in the wholesale market area are needed and also Technical Engineers and Product Management from telco and network management companies. Get involved in a collaborative project where best practices are developed to define the industry standard solutions to accelerate business growth.
- What commitment is required in terms of time and effort?Provide commitment to join Wednesdays at 12:00-13:00 CET and to contribute to assets.
- What will I get out of this?
As a member of the Wholesale Broadband Project, you and your organization are able to contribute to and build the thought leadership, guide books, and best practices to standardize and harmonize the way the industry trades Broadband.
- How can I join?Join the project here