What is a Catalyst project?
Catalysts are proof-of-concept projects developed collaboratively by TM Forum members. These projects bring together companies large and small to create innovate solutions to common challenges demonstrating how this can be achieved leveraging key TM Forum best practices and standards. Many innovative and thought-provoking proof-of-concept projects turned prototype have been created by the Catalyst program.
Catalyst projects kick-off 4-6 months ahead of demonstrating at TM Forum flagship events. The team work together during this period and have the opportunity to meet during the project at one of our Action Week events. The most recent set of Catalysts were demonstrated at TM Forum Live! 2017 in Nice, France.
Whether you are considering joining a project or already in an existing one, here is your guide to a successful Catalyst project!
There are two types of roles in a Catalyst:
- A champion is an organization seeking a solution to problem. Champions are generally service providers
- A participant is an organization contributing to solving the problem. Participants are generally integrators and vendors – all types and sizes.
Catalyst Program Benefits
Catalyst participants gain extensive benefit, both business and technical through their participation. The short term duration and common goals of the projects lead to close working relationships being formed, that often blossom to long term business relationships.
Virtual Research and Development
- Learn how your solution works with others in the industry in a hands-on environment
- Collaborate with like-minded companies on best practices
Rapid and Cost Effective Results
- Catalyst projects take place over a set amount of time, so results are typically guaranteed in less than 6 months
- Service providers get the results they want without the constraints of an RFP process and huge budgetary investments in their labs, enabling better investment decisions
Develop Working Relationships
- Service providers gain exposure to a variety of vendors and can directly influence product development
- Vendors get real requirements first hand from service providers
- Formal business relationships and partnerships frequently develop due to trust built up over the project lifecycle
Increased Marketing Exposure
- Catalysts information to be hosted on the TM Forum website and TM Forum Inform channel
- Opportunity to publish additional blogs, written interviews and articles
- Interview to be included in the membership monthly newsletter (sent to approx. 65,000)
- Catalysts to be included in relevant newsletters (Agile IT, Customer Centricity & Open Digital) (sent to approx, 135,000 readers)
- Catalysts to be promoted via TM Forum social media channels (including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
For information about program fees please refer to this table.
For more information, contact Catalyst Program Manager, Tania Fernandes at [email protected].org.