Digital Maturity Model Project
A maturity model is a business tool used to assess the current status of certain capabilities that exist within an organization and help them to be clear where these need to transform or improve.
The Dimensions and definitions for the TM Forum Digital Maturity Model are:
- Customer – Providing an experience where customers view the organization as their digital partner using their preferred channels of interaction to control their connected future on and offline.
- Strategy – Focuses on how the business transforms or operates to increase its competitive advantage through digital initiatives; it is embedded within the overall business strategy.
- Technology – Underpins the success of digital strategy by helping to create, process, store, secure and exchange data to meet the needs of customers at low cost and low overheads.
- Operations – Executing and evolving processes and tasks by utilizing digital technologies to drive strategic management and enhance business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Culture, People and Organization – Defining and developing an organizational culture with governance and talent processes to support progress along the digital maturity curve and the flexibly to achieve its growth and innovation objectives.
Maturity models underpin success in transformation projects by:
- forcing organizations to analyze and properly structure the problem to be addressed
- establishing clear, universally understood goals and plans for the short and longer term
- helping organizations assess where they are in their transformation journey
- allowing businesses to objectively measure their progress during the journey
Ongoing Collaboration Work
The ongoing work is as follows:
Works to further the development and business value of an industry-standard digital maturity model that has already demonstrated benefit the communications industry, providing the common vocabulary and an objective way to assess a company’s current state and target a future state on the journey to becoming a digitally mature organization
To discuss or learn more contact Robert Walker at [email protected]