IG1166 ODA Architecture Vision R18.0.0
- Maturity level: Level 3 - Team Approved
Created By: Open Digitial Architecture (ODA)
The Open Digital Architecture (ODA) offers an industry-agreed blueprint, language and set of key design principles to follow. It will provide pragmatic pathways for the journey from maintaining monolithic, legacy software solutions, towards managing nimble, cloud-based capabilities that can be orchestrated using AI. It is a reference architecture that maps TM Forum’s Open APIs and assets against technical and business platform functions.
The ODA Architecture Vision defines, using an analysis of the ODA business drivers:
- The background to why a transformation is needed to the way OSS and BSS are imagined, to address significant and concurrent business, industry, and technology changes.
- Eight key Architecture Framework artefact groupings that are needed to achieve business agility and zero touch automated operations which is based on TOGAF(TM) concepts.
- Concepts and Principles and Vision that capture requirements, principles and an evolution path for the ODA Architecture.
- Methods for Agile Model Driven Management to achieve agile service lifecycle management.
- ODA Architecture Framework artefacts:
- Standards specifications, capabilities based on standards, best practices, methodologies and tooling that provide the management support needed for a model driven agile service lifecycle; covering Business, Information Systems Architecture, Technical Architecture, Implementation and Deployment Architectures.
- How to leverage and integrate, existing TM Forum artefacts to provide ODA artefacts and capabilities for each of the eight ODA Architecture Frameworks.