- Smart City InFocus | Yinchuan | September 19-21 – Now in its third year in partnership with the City of Yinchuan and ZTE, TM Forum Smart City InFocus 2017 will bring together over 800 C-level executives and government officials from across the global smart city ecosystem. This intimate, exclusive event allows you to network, learn and exchange ideas across a three-day interactive conference program. Request an invitation.
Nordic Smart Cities 2017 | Stockholm | October 24-25 – The 3rd edition of Nordic Smart Cities is returning this year with a wide range of perspectives and opportunities for the smart and sustainable development of our cities and societies. Use code TM25 for an exclusive 25% discount.
- 2018 digital Cities Summit | Stanford University | February 26-27 -The Stanford GPC Affiliate Program in Digital Cities is one of the first programs of its kind in the United States. Its goal is to fundamentally change the way governments and companies think and operate as the world moves toward truly digitized urban centers – by harnessing focused research, commercial opportunity, and new ways of thinking about governance and sustainability. View agenda.
Be a part of it
- Download Smart City Benchmarking app – If you run a smart city project, this App is for you (iOS app and Android app). With various local stakeholders, benchmark progress in your city against best practices and develop a shared vision for the next couple of years. The smart city leader invites a handful of local experts to input evidence of progress for their city into the App.
- Download your Smart City Journey – join TM forum Smart City program and access exclusive events, Smart City Maturity Model, advisory sessions and more…
- Smart City Global Network on LinkedIn – a recently launched open group, with thousands of members, to promote thought-provoking smart city discussions and collaboration.
- SmartX rapid prototyping Catalyst projects at TM Forum Innovation InFocus, Dallas (Nov. 2-3, 2016) and TM Forum Live! Asia, Singapore (December 7-8, 2016)
Smart City Hackathon
- Winners of the TM Forum Smart City Hackathon from TM Forum Live! 2016.
Smart City Publications
- White Paper: Strategic Innovation Summit
- Report: Yinchuan special report: Smart cities
- Report: Building smart cities for smart citizens
- Document: TR259 Smart City Maturity & Benchmark Model R16.0.0
- Report: Smart cities: Enabling the economy of data
- Report: Perspectives 2016: When ecosystems collide, innovation explodes
- Report: Smart cities in action – learn from leading smart cities
- Article: Singapore Summit highlights key smart city themes for 2016
Smart City Webinars
- Watch: Smart City: Enabling a better life
- Watch: Silk belt to smart nation – Smart city initiatives in Singapore and China
And don’t just take our word for it…
- Hear from Renato de Castro one of TM Forum’s Smart City ambassadors – talking to the EU Smart City Advisor
- Telco Transformation: TM Forum’s Piva on Creating a Common Smart City Framework
- ZDNet: TM Forum, FIWARE Foundation to collaborate on smart city APIs
- Smart Cities Council:Smart Cities Council Joins the White House Commitment to Further Advance Smart Cities in the U.S.
- ExecutiveGov:Smart Cities Council to Back Tech Acquisitions in 5 US Locations
- ComputerWorld:White House slates $80M for city tech innovations
- NextShark: China is Building Their First ‘Smart City’, and It’s Not Beijing or Shanghai
- Forbes: Cities Cannot Be Reduced To Just Big Data and IoT: Smart City Lessons from Yinchuan, China
- CIO: Smart cities: The rise of new C-level executives
- The Internet of Things: Federico Guerrini: To Be Really Smart, Cities Need To Be Built Around People
- Data Informed: The IoT and the Changing Leadership Landscape of the Smart City
- IDG Connect: Can South Africa deliver on its smart city dreams?
- Tech Republic: Smart cities: 6 essential technologies
- Forbes: From Helsinki To San Francisco: The Smart City’s Quest For New Professionals
- True Viral News: From Sustainability Chief To Resilience Officer: Top 5 New Roles For A Smart City Team
- IoT Evolution: Is Your City Smart? Here’s How to Know.
- THE WEEK: Smart cities: How China is leading the world
- ReadWrite: Meet the new C-level executives born of smart cities
- CIO Dive: Inside the gig economy’s pros and cons
- Tech Republic: New forum seeks to unite 100 cities in standards to drive smart city innovation
- GreenBiz: The smart city C-Suite? 5 jobs that could save cities
- Computer World: In Atlanta, smart city plans aim for safety