Company: PortaOne, Inc
Product Title: PortaBilling
Frameworx Version: Version 17.5
Assessment Completion Date: May 2018
Business Process Framework: Summary Results
Detailed Certification Report: PortaBilling Fx17.5 Conformance Certification Report V1.0
PortaBilling is a business and operation support system (B/OSS) designed for communication service providers (CSP) to manage end-to-end telecom service networks.
- Customer management;
- Service provisioning;
- Carrier grade converged billing platform with online charging system, mediation, rating, and flexible invoicing.
PortaBilling communicates with elements of the telecommunication network, provides its nodes with authentication and authorization, and gathers billing events such as data about services rendered to the customers. Based on this information, PortaBilling:
- provides a real-time verification of available funds and balances,
- automatically disconnects calls to prevent balance overdrafts,
- manages flexible rating of service usage,
- offers a tool to create attractive product bundles within service-agnostic product catalog,
- automatically assesses monthly recurring charges,
- detects and prevents potential fraudulent activity,
- generates and electronically delivers invoices for multiple service, and
- enforces the payment collection process.
All these processes happen in real time, so the billing data is updated as soon as a session is completed. PortaBilling acts as the nerve center of the network and represents a unified platform for multiple services allowing to charge subscribers for their voice calls, messages/SMS, data transfer, and other services like IPTV subscriptions or video-on-demand (VoD) thus effectively deploying triple-play on a single network.
PortaBilling is a core basis of PortaSwitch, an ultimate UCaaS platform that enable CSPs to utilize a variety of both advanced class 5 features for hosted IPPBX or IP Centrex services as well as the majority of functionality normally attributed to session border controllers (SBC).
PortaBilling is available on SaaS basis in a public cloud. Alternatively, operator may acquire an unlimited perpetual license for on-premises installation. In case of on-premises installation the pricing does NOT depend on the number of concurrent calls, charged events or subscribers. There are absolutely no artificial limitations on the code level, and all functionality and modules are included with no exceptions. The platform comes with a customized training at customer’s office and complimentary subscription to PortaCare: 24/7 technical support and maintenance with all new features updates. The license adheres to a fully open architecture standard, and all PortaBilling customers have:
- a direct access to the database and DB schema description,
- access to extensive XML API to connect with existing web portals,
- ability to develop their own customizations for the product code.
PortaBilling consists of the following components seen in the diagram.
For any additional information on this Frameworx Conformance Certification Report, please contact TM Forum at [email protected]