TR229 ZOOM/NFV User Stories R14.5.1
- Maturity level: Level 4 - Forum Approved
Service creation and agility are key attributes of successful virtual operations: rapid delivery and effective management of services drives new business. In virtual operations, the relationship between networks and services is dynamic. This is a big change from today’s operations support architectures, where resources are typically static and tied to specific physical devices. The virtual environment makes it both possible and essential to radically rethink operations management, and open up previously unimaginable expectations for service personalization, speed, flexibility, automation, and customer centricity.
TM Forum’s Zero-touch Orchestration, Operations and Management (ZOOM) project will write the rulebook for operations for the digital world. The vision is to create a living blueprint for a new generation of service provider support systems to deliver business agility, and expert guidance on how to navigate the complex journey to get there.
The benefits of the ZOOM project are:
- Zero-touch, self-service operations that can respond with the speed and agility to outpace competitors.
- Adaptive automation, where changes in user needs, business goals, and/or environmental conditions are recognized, and a new, agile OSS uses these inputs to provide the resources and services needed at that point in time.
- Customer-centric services that are easily configured to fit individual customer preferences and requirements, by the customer themselves.
- Significantly lower operating costs and capital expenses achieved through automation of manual tasks, simplification of configuration, virtualization and use of commodity-based resources.
- Technology-driven innovation, where business agility meets rapid development and experimentation and enables the transition from NetOps and SysOps to DevOps.
This technical report provides a snapshot of the User Stories that have been identified by the ZOOM project team and have been derived from:
- Scenarios being developed in The TM Forum NFV Catalyst program
- Requirements in ETSI and ATIS Reports
- Agile brainstorming sessions amongst Service Providers active in the ZOOM Project.
All TM Forum members are encouraged to join the ZOOM project and propose additional user stories to help shape and evolve the project priorities, activities, deliverables and the Blueprint/Roadmap updates.