ODA Components – Design Practitioners’ Course
Open Digital Architecture (ODA) components are reusable, plug-and-play software building blocks that perform IT and network functions, exposing their functionality through Open APIs.
Building on TM Forum’s rich history in leading IT and operational transformation, and on the success of a widely used suite of standardized REST-based Open APIs, this course explains how we define ODA components as software units that can be composed into systems or solutions. To fully realize the business benefits of using multi-vendor solutions, ODA components will enable vendor interoperability in the same way that reusable components are offered in cloud marketplaces such as Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
Duration: 1 day
Open Digital Framework Overview
ODA Components Fundamentals
Business Process Framework (eTOM) Fundamentals
Functional Framework Fundamentals
Information Framework (SID) Fundamentals
TM Forum Open API Fundamentals
Take this course in-person (onsite or virtual):
Talk to us about getting this course for your team.
Download the datasheet for this course.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Technology architects, solution architects, applications developers, system architects, application owners, DevOps practitioners, Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) and the family of related roles
- Those interested in a deeper understanding of ODA components
- Those interested in learning about the relationship and interactions between TM Forums’ Frameworks
What will you learn?
You will be exposed to the ideas and aspects of ODA and how Open Digital Framework (ODF) assets support the initial creation of an ODA component’s specification. You will be able to:
- Describe how the TM Forum’s Frameworks interact
- Interpret a proposed ODA components description against business needs
- Select appropriate business processes to meet the needs of the ODA component
- Select appropriate business entities to meet the needs of the ODA component
- Select appropriate functions to meet the needs of the ODA component
- Select appropriate APIs to meet the needs of the ODA component
- Module 1 Marketplace – The ODA Directory
- Module 2 The functional architecture
- Module 3 ODA component structure
- Module 4 Guidelines for creating an ODA component
- Module 5 Process for creating an ODA component
- Module 6 Worked example of creating an ODA component
- Module 7 ODA Component specifications
To provide you with a deeper review of how ODA supports the creation of ODA components using and interaction between ODA framework models. You will grasp how to enable quality project delivery by employing guidelines, processes and a worked example that utilizes ODA principles.
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. There is a knowledge certification exam also associated with the course material. Passing this exam counts towards the TM Forum ODA Components Skill Path certification track. Find out more here.