Learn to implement TM Forum’s common information model to improve your company’s agility, flexibility and accuracy.
Speaking the same language, understanding the meaning of the words used and having access to information is of vital importance to the success of any business. A common information model provides the definitions that you need to bring your common language to life in your business.
TM Forum’s Information Framework Fundamentals training course helps you get started and then reach implementation stage quickly by taking the guess work out of creating a common information model. We’ll show you how to take the thousands of words and concepts related to managing a business and create a common and simple way to define and communicate them, all based on the TM Forum Information Framework which is widely used by thousands of service providers and suppliers around the world.
Learn to avoid common misunderstandings by using a standardized format to identify and define entities, their attributes and their relationships with each other, saving you hundreds of hours of project work.
With this class you will also add a new skill to your professional resume while helping your company systematically improve the way it does business.
Duration: Self-paced / 1 day
Note: This course is suitable for a non-technical audience. However, being familiar with Unified Modelling language (UML) is suggested.
Register to take this course online:
Take this course in-person (onsite or virtual):
Talk to us about getting this course for your team
Download the datasheet for this course.
To acquire knowledge to model any aspect of corporate information and produce software solutions that are easier to develop and integrate, easier to sell; designed for flexibility.
To better understand the role of information/data in providing the overall solution, highlighting:
- The importance of consistent terminology in streamlining and accelerating projects.
- The ability to more easily bring offerings to market due to flexibility built into solutions that are based on common information models.
- The ability to source the right solutions to satisfy the information requirements that enable you run your business more effectively.
What will you learn?
- Module 1 – Introducing the Information Framework
- Module 2 – Overview of the Information Frameworks role within the Open Digital Architecture
- Module 3 – Information Framework – what is it?
- Module 4 – Practical uses of the Information Framework for the wider community
- Module 5 – Common Information entities
- Module 6 – Summary & wrap-up
Who should attend?
- Software designers
- Systems integrators
- Data modelers
- Solutions Architects
- Anyone creating or responding to a procurement request, such as a Request for Proposal
- Anyone involved in managing or developing a support architecture
A course attendance certificate is issued on satisfactory completion of the course. There is a knowledge certification exam also associated with the course material. Passing this exam counts toward career certification with TM Forum. Find out more here.
Type of career certification
Details & courses needed to obtain certification
The Information Framework Skill Path provides the knowledge to understand the role of the Information Frameworx and how to implement, use and extend it.
**Expert-led course only