The Information Framework (SID) is a component of Frameworx, the TM Forum’s blueprint for enabling successful business transformation.
It provides standard definitions for all the information that flows through the enterprise and between service providers and their business partners.
All of Frameworx, including the Information Framework, is created and evolved by industry leaders and practitioners in TM Forum’s Collaboration project.
What is the Information Framework?
The Information Framework (SID) provides a reference model and common vocabulary for all the information required to implement Business Process Framework (eTOM) processes. It reduces complexity in service and system integration, development and design by providing an off the shelf information model that can be quickly adopted by all parties.
5 things you can do with the Information Framework
- Reduce integration costs by adopting standards-based information models and using them in applications and interfaces
- Save hundreds of design hours by starting with a mature framework and 1500 entities developed and vetted by subject matter experts
- Speed time to market by using well-understood integration interfaces based on the Information Framework, eliminating the need for data translation between systems
- Avoid wasting precious development time on debates with your team, partners, or vendors by adopting a widely proven, industry accepted, rich and extensible information model
- Mandate conformance to the Information Framework and save time and money during vendor evaluation and procurement
Case study: Agility enables self-service, satisfaction and savings
Case study: How to gain agility, configurability and faster launch times
Case study: Mapping a scalable smart-city solution
Case study: RCOM — Identifying service violations greatly improves customer service
A series of How-to’s that explain how to implement the SID for a SID-based database or for the specification of SID-based APIs.
Take the Information Framework (SID) Fundamentals course to learn how to take the thousands of words and concepts related to managing a business and create a common and simple way to define and communicate them.
The Information Framework (SID) Practitioners’ Course offers theory and practice on the use of the Information Framework, including how to extend and implement it by applying modeling patterns and extension guidelines.
Career Certification – Give yourself a competitive edge by taking courses and exams to gain Knowledge and Career Certification.
Conformance Certification – The certification process offers the additional benefit of providing insight that feeds into product roadmaps and helps direct future investment
TM Forum Coaching compliments our training and certification program to help you make the link between the skills you learned in class and the proper application of the standards, best practices and tools in the specific context of your project.