IG1141 Procurement and Onboarding of Virtualization Packages R17.5.1
- Maturity level: Level 4 - Forum Approved
Onboarding automation has been cited by multiple service providers, such as AT&T, Orange, Vodafone, Verizon and others, as an unexpectedly difficult challenge and a major business priority for pragmatic resolution.
This document highlights the challenges of onboarding automation due to:
- Different viewpoints of service providers’ operations lifecycle and vendor technology lifecycle.
- Lack of standardized taxonomy and onboarding scope to clearly define the responsibilities and to automate the hand offs between suppliers and buyers.
- Lack of standardized VNF/IT services model, resulted in fragmented markets, products and open source implementations.
- Immature service providers’ internal OSS/BSS transformation to respond effectively to the virtualization impact.