RN358 Hybrid Infrastructure Platform Release Notes R17.0.1
- Maturity level: Level 4 - Forum Approved
This suite of documents describes an approach to managing a diverse range of Resources such as:
- Traditional legacy networks;
- Modern virtualized networks such as NFV and SDN;
- Metro Ethernet Services, leveraging joint work between TM Forum and MEF;
- 5G network slices;
- Edge computing nodes that support both service provider and third party managed applications e.g. for autonomic vehicles, Virtual reality, etc.
A critical assumption is that the challenge for real world deployment of managed resources based on new and traditional deployed resources is to create an adaptable and extensible framework that specifically supports heterogeneous resource deployment scenarios.
Hence the name Hybrid Infrastructure Platform (HIP).