SECURITY & PRIVACY
How secure are you?
TM Forum’s Trust, Security & Privacy Programs are working to enable trusted complex digital ecosystems where new services can be delivered quickly, easily and securely using a wide range of business models and partners.
Get involved across a number of Trust, Security & Privacy initiatives
Security & Privacy
See the workstreams and how you can get involved in ongoing work
Trust, Security & Privacy
Proof of Concept
Be inspired and see how you can get involved in Catalysts projects
Trust, Security Privacy
A collection of best practices, guidebooks, maturity models and more
About the Trust, Security & Privacy Programs
The potential of the Internet of Everything is limitless but the pitfalls can also be catastrophic if they are not managed carefully. TM Forum members are focused on tackling the challenges in improving and expanding digital trust capabilities to guarantee security, privacy and revenue management and exploring how to share responsibility across connected services and the partnerships that enable them.
The vision for Digital Trust is:
- People, organizations and devices will make informed trust decisions in real-time
- Trust decisions will be supported by standards
(information, process, integration models, metrics and algorithms)
- Digital ecosystem participants will operate in a transparent fashion to enable near real-time trust decisions
- Digital ecosystems and value fabrics will realize their full potential through low friction trust decisions
Craig Bachmann, TM Forum, gives an overview of Digital Trust
The key IoE challenges for Trust
This program is addressing the challenges in establishing and maintaining trust in a dynamic, evolving and complex digital ecosystem. We are focused on how to improve and expand trust among the participants of an IoE ecosystem to accelerate growth and manage risk from increasing threats and regulations while balancing security, privacy and transparency.
The groundbreaking work in our collaborative project aims to create new thought leadership, guidance, best practices and tools for a digital trust approach. This includes:
- Trust Roadmap of Challenges – to confirm the critical elements that contribute to trust.
- Maturity model development
- Trust index tools and best practices
The first publication of the Digital Trust Challenges and Opportunities was developed based on workshops and interviews with TM Forum members and research from various industries, academia and government organizations. It outlines the key concepts of digital trust and identifies the top 7 digital trust challenges. This work will be a central pillar of TM Forum’s future work on coordinating all elements of digital trust.
Our work to date
The diverse range of expertise across the Forum’s large membership ensures that the best practices developed collaboratively are credible and relevant now and into the future.
- Security: To date, the Security project has produced significant resources on the topics of Cyber Security, CyberOps and sharing threat intelligence, as well as security management and use cases. Access the resources.
- Privacy: The Privacy project has created best practice guidance on privacy management, addressing individual’s (data subject) wishes, the aims of the data collecting organization (data controller) and any relevant legislation. Also, the Privacy Management API provides standardized mechanism for privacy profile types, privacy profiles and privacy agreements such as the creation, update, retrieval, deletion and notification of events. Access these resources.
- Revenue Assurance: The IoE presents a dynamic environment of connected partners. In this context, TM Forum is leading the way in developing an holistic approach to revenue management by creating best practices, standardizing the language and processes of revenue assurance, and defining a comprehensive Revenue Assurance Maturity Model, as well as defining Revenue Assurance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Learn more.
- Asset Management: Network asset management to ensure orchestration and catalogs are accurate, current and sufficiently agile in their maintenance, validity and anticipation of expansion to cope with the transformations required for the IoE opportunity. Learn more.
- Fraud Management: Service providers of digital services need to protect their revenue through fraud management on even the most monitored networks. Learn more.
- Charging & Billing: TM Forum’s charging & billing project workstream has developed use cases and is monitoring the impact and challenges of IoE on charging and billing. Learn more.
TM Forum members have collaboratively built a portfolio of best practices to enable the following business outcomes in the context of Security & Privacy:
- Understanding the threat, potential impact and what you can do about it
- Guidance on what constitutes a basic and recognized security policy and how to implement it
- Ability to recognize the security, privacy and revenue management implications of ever-increasing interconnectivity
- Access to best practices for ensuring security & privacy, revenue management, risk and asset management across extended value chains
- A guide to securing virtual services
- Extending the threat horizon and warning time through threat intelligence sharing provision of updates, advice and comments on national and international directives legislation pertaining to cybersecurity and privacy.
All of the above is available for members to download.
Featured Resources & Events
Download all assets including Privacy Management Best Practices, CyberOps Quick Start Guide, Security Management Model, Security Management Use Cases, Security Management Model and more.
Over four, intensive days we addressed the hottest topics from network orchestration and automation, customer centricity and analytics to the use of blockchain for OSS/BSS.
This webinar brings together five TM Forum subject matter experts to discuss and answer key questions about emerging trends and how to collaborate and partner to create, deliver and monetize innovative digital services.
Trust, Security & Privacy NewsSee All »