TR155 Frameworx Statement of Direction
- Maturity level: Level 4 - Forum Approved
TM Forum frameworks have been successfully adopted by many of the world’s service providers and their suppliers. However the world in which TM Forum operates is changing at an incredible pace and several key trends continue to affect the evolution of TM Forum frameworks:
- The continued downward pressure on service pricing which is driving ever greater business efficiency and new service innovation
- The emergence of complex service delivery value chains
- customer power and the need to continually deliver more for less
- Radical technology changes allowing the delivery of multiple services across one common IP infrastructure but with significantly greater software components
- The emergence of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
To ensure that the Forum’s core frameworks keep pace with these changes, the TM Forum Board has established a project called ‘Blueprint’. The Blueprint project was under the direction of TM Forum staff. It included interviews with numerous companies among TM Forum members and outside of the membership community about the current and future state of the industry. The gathered findings were socialized across various teams in the collaboration program for feedback. This “Statement of Direction” is the Blueprint advice for an evolution strategy for the TM Forum Frameworx. It will cover the Forum’s response to key industry trends, alignment with other standards and frameworks such as ITIL, and support for companies who operate solutions (Information, Communications, Entertainment) businesses.
This document is structured as follows:
- The new business landscape which is emerging to support digital services
- The TM Forum’s Frameworx’ roles within a Service Oriented Enterprise (a modular organization, where process, information, systems, and people are grouped to provide reusable business services [element of functionality] with which the enterprise operates) and the evolution of the existing (Systems) Integration Framework
- A summary of Frameworx methodology, including an overview of the Integration Framework, which is impacted the most
- A summary of key changes.