Prior Release Frameworx 16.0
TM Forum Connecting Digital Ecosystems with Frameworx 16
Since February 2016, hundreds of individuals from a diverse range of member companies have used TM Forum’s unique collaborative environment in 10 distinct projects to deliver the new features in Frameworx 16, working within the context of the Forum’s strategic programs: Agile Business and IT, Open Digital/IoE, Customer Centricity, and Security & Privacy.
This release contains new toolkits, best practices, guides and reports which empower companies across multiple industries with actionable information to thrive in the digital ecosystem.
As a member, you can download and make use of all the important tools across a broad range of topics found in this exciting new release. TM Forum Frameworx continues to be the most widely used blueprint for effective and efficient business operations. Start using Frameworx 16 today!
To access our full library of documents, visit the Resources Library section.
If you have any immediate questions, please email us at email@example.com
Release 16 Highlights
Agile Business & IT Program
As the communication service providers begin to tackle the challenge of operationalizing new virtualized technologies and beginning the internal transformations required to thrive in the new market reality, the TM Forum Agile Business and IT program has been focussing on creating key assets to support our members along the transformational journey. Key features in Frameworx 16 that support the Agile Business & IT Program come from the ZOOM (Zero-touch Orchestration, Operations and Management), Open APIs, Frameworx, and Revenue Management projects.
- Focusing on the Operations Center of the future, work has continued to evolve the Business Process Framework (eTOM) and the Application Framework (TAM) to support the new paradigms of DevOps operations and the impacts of virtualized resources.
- A new Microsoft Visio® data format has been provided by TransWare Software Solutions AG, offering members an editable, rich graphical depiction of the Frameworx model, very similar in richness to html. This enhances the choice for our members on how to view and use the model, in addition to our existing Browsable HTML Model and 3D model and viewer.
- Specific to NFV and SDN deployment, the work has continued to extend the Information Framework (SID) to support the new concepts required to provision virtualized entities.
- Our work on wider IT transformation has led to the first draft of an End to End Orchestration architecture for the industry, intended to facilitate an industry conversation about the management of large scale, multi-player digital infrastructures as they grow to include more partners and players and evolve through the use of virtualization technologies.
- Automation is also key to the future of support systems and published in this release is a study of 5 catalyst projects that have proven various aspects of automation brought together to provide a complete model architecture.
- IG1137 Transformation of NetOps to DevOps R16.0.0 is a guide to carriers and DSPs on the nature of DevOps, and its impact on incumbent IT and network groups in a carrier setting.
- TR255 Entity Provisioning for Network Functions and Network Services R16.0.0 provides use cases and requirements for the provisioning of Network Functions and Network Services (common entities in SDN and NFV) an identity and naming scheme for TM Forum interfaces that supports hybrid, traditional and virtual network elements and movable software functions.
Important developments from the API project include:
- A new Onboarding API, to enable rapid onboarding of partners and to help rapid mash-up of new products. Combined with existing capabilities such as SLA management and billing APIs, this enables revenue sharing across complex ecosystems, eases the complexity of ensuring that partners are delivering against their agreed contracts.
- New Open API map, showing the roadmap of API capabilities.
- A suite of new business management industry agreed APIs, bringing the total in our Ecosystem API portal to 18.
- A crowdsourcing API template to enable the scalability of new APIs, simplifying the process for organizations to submit full new APIs to the suite of TM Forum REST based APIs.
- MEF Lifecycle Service Orchestration Reference Architecture mapping to TM Forum APIs, ensures alignment on the configuration and activation capabilities across different SDOs and in this instance for ease of management of Ethernet services.
In the Revenue Management project, the drive has been to improve existing tools and models, how to be more effective throughout an organization and the impact of innovation. Key features include:
- The new Revenue Assurance Survey report provides insights and the latest trends within telecommunication operators and their business/revenue assurance organizations.
- The Fraud Management survey report assesses how Fraud Management practice is being implemented.
- The new Fraud Management Implementation Guide and updated Maturity Model is a practical guide for validating and enhancing current Fraud Management processes and implementing new ones. It comes with a Questionnaire for maturity assessment.
- Phase II of the Charging and Billing guide highlights the impacts and opportunities provided by SDN/NFV.
- The Asset Management Best Practice Use Case Descriptions guide gives a comprehensive, holistic view of network asset management use cases.
Open Digital/IoE Program
Significant progress from this program in Frameworx 16 includes:
- The IoE Roadmap of Challenges whitepaper is aimed at leaders developing strategies to navigate the uncharted IoE world. It catalogues the common challenges encountered across multiple industry sectors, provides insights and options, and maps the challenges to existing best practices to help translate challenges into actionable steps.
- The new Technical report, Building and Enabling a Digital Payment Ecosystem, is the first step in establishing an open platform for CSPs and other stakeholders, to help them understand business requirements, challenges and opportunities, and to take advantage of existing TM Forum assets.
- Ecosystem partnerships are enabled with the updated TR211 Online B2B2X Partnering Step by Step Guide which walks through the key concepts of the Partnership Lifecycle and the 5 stages to building a partner relationship. It includes new standardized revenue sharing models and updated partnership models.
- The updated TMF424 B2B2X Business Scenario Template provides both Catalyst Projects and member contributed scenarios with a consistent structure and content to more effectively communicate to both Business and Technical viewers.
- The Digital Services Reference Architecture is the TM Forum’s proposal to enable richer, and yet open, distributed digital collaboration with the essential tools to support increasingly demanding technical and commercial models.
Customer Centricity Program
The contribution of this program to Frameworx 16 includes:
- Substantial development of the extensive library of Customer Experience Management, Metrics and Big Data Analytics best practices.
- Omni channel imperatives, maturity and requirements have been enhanced in the GB994 Omni Channel Guidebook with a fully functional architecture for an omni channelized company.
- 12 new CEM use cases have been added to expand the library to 40 business scenarios for service providers to improve customer experience.
- There are over 400 new additions to the TM Forum metrics repository, with metrics for managing virtual CPE and networks, SLAs, business process and more.
- TR261 Data Governance Functions and Implementation outlines comprehensive governance processes for Data and Big Data Management along with a roadmap of how to achieve a high level of maturity in this area.
- The GB995 Guidebook on 360 Degree View of a Customer has been considerably enhanced to include considerations of smart devices influencing customer experience and the analytics that should be undertaken to derive useful knowledge and insights into customer sentiment and behavior.
Security & Privacy Program
As the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was recently signed off by the EU parliament it is timely that the latest version of the Privacy Management technical report now includes a ‘dashboard template’ and API that will make compliance easier. As the GDPR implementation process is refined over the next 2 years we will be engaging with the EU to further develop these tools.
If you have any immediate questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org