The Integration Framework defines how to use Frameworx to design, architect and implement your enterprise. It provides direction on how operational processes can be automated by utilizing standardized information definitions from the Information Framework to define standardized, reusable Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)-based Business Services. The Integration Framework also provides an automated means to create standardized interfaces and use these interfaces to integrate applications within the enterprise and with partners.
What is the Integration Framework?
The Integration Framework is a set of standards that supports the interoperability between applications defined in the Application Framework via TM Forum interfaces. The interfaces are defined in terms of the Information Framework’s entities/attributes, and the requirements for the interfaces from a business process perspective come from the Business Process Framework.
The interface patterns are standardized ensuring optimal interoperability on implementation. The Integration Framework acts as the glue that holds together the other Frameworks in an implementation: This is why the Integration Framework is shown in the middle of the Frameworx graphic.
5 things you can do with the Integration Framework
- Follow a blueprint for designing and implementing your management systems solution, reducing development time and lifecycle costs by following industry architecture standards
- By using standardized processes, information and applications together, create an environment of repeatability and well understood integration across systems, improving quality, consistency, and interoperability in your management solutions
- Use the Integration Framework standardized interfaces to integrate management systems from multiple vendors, reducing systems integration time and risk
- Define a new interface for your systems or products, and implement the interface using the Integration Framework tooling, speeding up development time. Contribute the interface back to the TM Forum as a standard.
- Make changes to systems to support delivery of new services quicker than ever, by having a highly flexible, well understood systems environment that enables low-risk modification.
Get started by browsing the Resources and Assets relating to the Integration Framework.
TM Forum is developing an API ecosystem that enables services to be managed end to end and throughout their lifecycle in an environment where multiple partners are involved in the service delivery.
One of the most important parts of Frameworx is its guidelines for architecture and governance that can be applied to building well integrated management solutions. Frameworx architecture and governance guides provide direction on how operational processes can be automated by utilizing standardized information definitions from the Information Framework to define standardized, reusable Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)-based Business Services.
Establish your Frameworx foundation: the go-to standard for reducing cost, risk and time-to-market. This course is an essential first step in your training journey, providing the grounding you will need to go deeper into studying any of the frameworks or other training topics on offer.
The TM Forum Integration Program (TIP) creates interfaces that are part of based on the Integration Framework. The ultimate goal of TIP is to develop well supported interface specifications, Reference Implementations (RI) and Compliance Test Kits (CTK) to fulfil the needs of the member companies.
The Frameworx Architecture Community is set up to ensure technical consistency across all aspects of the Frameworx and to facilitate harmonization of the various TM Forum work activities. This work is designed to strengthen the consistency of TM Forum deliverables and to assist in reduction of the cost of deployment by members. It operates under the governance of the Product and Architecture Governance Working Group (PAGWG) and the Technical Strategy Sub-Committee (TSS).